Notices

Day 15

Old 09-10-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15

Day 15 and made it through another tough weekend sober, that's 2 in a row, longest in years. I have no desire to drink but having issues with my emotion/mental state. I wake up in the mornings feeling anxious, irritable and very restless. I feel like I'm loosing my mind and my nerves are pulsating throughout my body. I'm in a constant state of worry and don't know what to do with myself. Will this ever get any better....
Old 09-10-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Yes. It gets better. Have you tried to start an exercise routine? It is really good for stress and anxiety. I do an ellypical for 30min. and bike to enjoy the outdoors. I also relax with herbal teas and listen to meditations. Your mind is rewiring and needs to become refocused. I read alot about self help, too. Set some short term goals that you can accomplish.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

15 days is awesome! It's going to get so much better!
Old 09-10-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! It will get better, but it is rough.
Drink a lot of water, take some walks. I must have showered 3-4 times a day in the first couple of weeks.
Jules
Old 09-10-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job on 15 days hats...yes it will get easier. Physically and mentally you are adjusting...things should level out...stick with it. Wishing you well on your recovery journey 💜
Old 09-10-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gates - it will definityely get better - noone would still be here if that wasn't the case

Early recovery is a time of emotional upheaval.

Its like our feelings and emotions have been walled up in a dam for so long - and suddenly that dam is broken...there's a great outpouring of all kinds of stuff...but you will find a normal 'water level' again

A gratitude list or journal can be useful for irritability despair self pity etc.

I found I had a lot of things to be thankful for, even tho I wasn't feeling great and the last thing I wanted to do was acknowledge that my life was still pretty good compared to some.

You'll get through this Hats

D