Notices

WEEKENDERS - Running the Weekend Gauntlett 8-10th Sept

Old 09-08-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My mood went haywire last night and I went in a huff with my wife and went to bed at 8.30pm . I felt like a 3 year old whos couldnt get their own way and my tantrum was to silently go to bed ,how imature . See I dont like the soaps eastenders and coronation st etc and I kept talking saying how silly the acting is lol and she gave me a mouthfull lol . Wer,e at heart a good team but sometimes we act up & nip and tease eachother too much .
Anyway up thismorning feeling fine ready for a sober day .
We both go to see a medical expert on whiplash injuries we sustained in a minor car bump in june so we will have to be buddies again lol .

Have a great saturday everyone
Old 09-09-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Mr

Like you Thomas I seem to throw tantrums too...some kind of irratabilty... Always find myself regretting wondering if it was anyway justified or anyway normal behaviour. .. and of course it wasnt. Like a big kid

Suppose I am in the early stages of the recovery process.

Raining in france today... Lots of Rain. ..
Old 09-09-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all. My wife and I often have little 'tiffs'. Nothing serious just a few words exchanged so we understand each other. It over as quickly as it started, just a part of how we communicate. Since getting sober, I appreciate the exchange and feel closer to my wife. Prior to that I would be more like a child.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The former Mrs Saoutchik and me never argued over what TV to watch as prising the remote off of her was impossible. Britain and the EU are currently involved in some vital brexit negotiations, i'm rather surprised that neither side have tried to get the former Mrs S on their team.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks! That made me have a good laugh Sao.....
I think she may be needed!
Old 09-09-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Not so much to report on my usual weekend routine, other that I seem to get used to my new boxing+kickboxing workout regimen. Surprisingly, I survived two workouts in a row quite well. Thank you, sobriety.

Then worked. I like it that way. I need a regular routine to leave more brain space to think about important and creative things.

Hope everyone is safe, sober and sound.

Have a great day/night.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
saoutchik

How is the new job going MidnightBlue? I remember you had a couple of issues right at the beginning.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I went out to buy tape for my sony handycam and was suprized to find it very difficult to get ahold of. "Try e-bay" I was told. then I relized it's a 25 year old format. geezz I'm old......
Old 09-10-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Mr

Yep STDragon even new cars dont have tape and cd players now... Joking
Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Mr

I am having a good weekend. Hardy no AV at all.
Im one month exactly today.
Sun is coming out now in Toulouse
Happy sunday.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one month. Thats brilliant.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Major congratulations, Vman!
Old 09-10-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
The former Mrs Saoutchik and me never argued over what TV to watch as prising the remote off of her was impossible. Britain and the EU are currently involved in some vital brexit negotiations, i'm rather surprised that neither side have tried to get the former Mrs S on their team.
Love that one lol . My Mrs can talk for Scotland when she starts but shes fun and outgoing , iv,e said on more that one occasion how did we attract each other as i,m more introverted and shy , Must ahve been my looks she liked . I know she was a cracker at 19 and when I was a year older at 20 I was a good catch lol . On a more serious note drinking took a lot from me in 40 years ,carreer and health wise . If only if only we could turn the clock back .

Our medical thing was short and quite informal then we went for a coffee in sunny Edinburgh best of pals .
Got us a nice chinese last night watched X factor ( grrrrrrr @ that )

Having a nice relaxing Sunday .
Old 09-10-2017, 02:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month ,were close in sober time
Old 09-10-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I fondly remember my Ferguson Videostar VCR and huge full size VHS hitachi camcorder and a device called a genlock for overlaying titles with a Commodore Amiga and wait for it ! with 1MB of RAM (memory) . I made many many home movies with that set up . I eventually got them on DVD and now all stored on a hard drive . This was an amazing hobby , I loved it all .
Old 09-10-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on a month Vman that's brilliant

Good luck with your tape search Dragon. Some old technology seems to be making a comeback, there are a lot of vinyl record outlets in my neck of the woods

Hi Gilmer, you are up late tonight (or possibly very early)

My part of London definitely has a drug problem which my local council does its best to ignore. They cannot ignore the physical evidence though, I spotted this on my way to the canal this morning. Nitrous oxide seems to be ubiquitous, it maybe less harmful than alcohol but I'm not sure about long term effects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170910_102211.jpg (49.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 09-10-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I am in - haven't been around much, work has been INSAAAAAAAAANE. But, doing well and always, always,always thinking of all of you!
Old 09-10-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I was up early, Sao!
Old 09-10-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning All. Nitrous Oxide? yikes, that stuff could sufficate you.

I have a CD player in my car, but because it can also take USB sticks for music, we have never ever used it. Come to think of it, we chucked out our CD changer from the house many many years ago. And i can't remember the last time we used the blue-ray player.

Congrats on one month vman
Old 09-10-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post

Our medical thing was short and quite informal then we went for a coffee in sunny Edinburgh best of pals .
Got us a nice chinese last night watched X factor ( grrrrrrr @ that )

Having a nice relaxing Sunday .
I'm glad the medical went smoothly Thomas, whiplash can have lasting effects. I have a co-worker who was a passenger in a car that was hit sideways on by another car (not a drunk driver I should point out, just a careless one) she was quite badly hurt. She was saying that because a lot of people have tried to make phoney whiplash claims in the past it took longer to get settled than it should have done.

I have started keeping all my old technology now as it seems to appreciate, probably too late to benefit me but maybe my kids will benefit. My great uncle Percy owned an electrical business and had a TV set before WW2. It would be worth a fortune today.

LadyBlue I'm glad all is well.

I hope people will check in to say they made it through Saturday (or even if they didn't, in fact especially if they didn't)

I have just noticed that my part of London is to host a no beer Octoberfest. Good for them, I will go to that myself.