Notices

WEEKENDERS - Running the Weekend Gauntlett 8-10th Sept

Old 09-08-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I,m dancing the sober dance and singing the sober song with all of you this weekend .
Old 09-08-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi, LBrain! Great to see you!
Old 09-08-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Count me in for the weekend.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders 60andbeyond!

Good to see you LBrain.

It is someone's birthday at work and they have bought some fancy glazed donuts.They do look very good, I think I am about to succumb and have one.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm happy to see this thread. 8 days in and want to conquer the weekend sober. Get $hit done, workout, be a present and engaged mom to my kids.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning folks, welcome silverskies.

This Sunday we are planning a dinner for the family and my relatives visiting from the U.K. (My dad's Sister and brother in-law) We are going to break out the old Super 8 movies. They are silent films so I'm going to video taping the whole thing to catch everyone's comments. Should be a fun time!
Old 09-08-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello.
i am joining in because i found the last two fridays difficult.
My wife is doing the shopping for dinner tonight so thats done.
I didnt get a wollop of AV like I did last friday.
But all the same it was so strong last friday that im not taking chances.
So might pop-in again over the weekend.
I always like reading the weekender SAO.
Thanks for the thread and the themes
Vman.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer, Sao and everyone else. All is well in Brainland. Spending as much time as I can enjoying myself - fly fishing mostly. It's been a wet summer here and unusually cooler than years past. Still gardening and cooking. Went to mostly a flower garden this year. It dipped below 50 here last night, fall is definitely coming. Spent time in the Smokey Mountains hiking - and fishing - this summer and a lot of time under the trees in various places. I couldn't imagine doing the things I have over the past few years had I still been drinking. Life is good sober. Actually, much better.
To all who are new, when 'they' say it gets better, listen to 'them'. After over 3.5 years without a drink, I can attest to the positive changes you will experience. It may take some time to realize it, but looking back to where I was and where I am now, it's like night and day. But it is a gradual change. As long as you stick with it, never fall back, the cumulative changes will compound as time adds up. Every journey begins with that first step. In time you may forget when you took that step, as long as you keep stepping in the right direction. Never give up!
Old 09-08-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi Brain. I also enjoy fly fishing. Usually go home to Ireland in may for a weeks fishing on the rivers there. I also fish a bit in the Lozere region in france. I would love to go to Montana some time and visit Bozeman or Twin Bridges and do a little fishing. I'll have to save up...

Thanks for your advice.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am on the sober train this weekend! Let's get through today!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders silverskies and badlands! Good luck this weekend.

Good to see you theVman. I'm no fisherman but I reckon there must be some fishing in south west France. I have not stayed in the Lozere region but have driven through it on my way to Montpellier, itlooks stunning.

Great post LBrain, we all know that our AV is the beast you cannot kill but it does get much easier over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170908_174942.jpg (43.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-08-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have been super busy at work but i'm done for the week, yippee!
Old 09-08-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
saoutchik

We have had some rain here but it seems to stopped. All the best to anyone in the path of Hurricane Irma. Be safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170908_211642.jpg (41.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 09-08-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope all our american friends are ok ,

I don't remember to many from FL passing by the thread but there are always people lurking .

Try not to drink , it's dangerous in situations like this .

Others watching it on TV be aware of how this all effects you , as an alcoholic i used to pick up every emotion going and used it to drink because i felt wretched and sorry for people .

These days i'm aware of what goes on but i don't dwell on it for my own health and mental wellbeing , infact these days i probably help more because i actually give something if i have the money to spare rather than blowing it on booze and making the brewing industry richer .

Stay strong all ,

lets get through tonight safe and sober ,
Old 09-08-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ~ checking in from the west coast of Florida ~ calm before the storm, I suppose....it's supposed to hit this weekend, we just don't know where.....my full time job will be closed Monday....I'm working my weekend job tomorrow....I usually work Sundays too; they are closing sometime tomorrow but there are dogs there to be taken care of....I guess there's an emergency staff on hand for these situations ~ I was told I'm welcome to come in Sunday if I can get there safely (then of course I'd have to make it back too! LOL)....I'll see how it goes....I feel bad for everyone in south FL 'cause they'll most likely get the worst of it.....it should be weakened to a category 1 or 2 by the time it gets to us, but who really knows?

Sorry to be such a blabbermouth.....Your girl Purps is being a spoiled little princess 'cause I know we're eventually going to lose power.....but it could always get much worse than that?!?! Thanks everyone for being here and listening to me...
Old 09-08-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I hope you and yours will be safe, Purps.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck Purps!

As Macsnix says let's make it tonight safe and sober.

Lights out time at Saoutchik Towers.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I had a really hard day. On my own all afternoon with 5 phones. They were going non stop. And it is all "I have been on the waiting list for years for my procedure. When will I get a date for surgery?" Then I check to see when I added them to the waiting list and I see it was 3 months ago.

I asked my boss about these type of calls before. He told me "Look, there are cancer patients here who we have trouble getting beds for. These are non essential procedures. Tell them they will be seen in due course and do not let people bully you".

He keeps getting letters from a legal firm about medical records being released. I passed all of these letters onto our Freedom of Information Office. Today I received another letter saying they had recieved no medical records and as the court date has been set, my consultant will have to attend court. I was so mad when I opened this as I have tried to call that law firm about 10 times on different days and I keep getting told "the solicitor handling that case is off today". (S/He is trying to avoid me.) I was so mad that I picked up the letter and went outside to walk around the block for 5 minutes. Then I went to the FOI Office and spoke to the people there. They were able to tell me that they released those records to the law firm back in July. So I had to phone the firm and again "the solicitor was not in today".

The fact is that I gave that chart to my consultant months ago. He put it back on my desk with a post it written "patient not seen by me since 1990. Any other set of notes?"

No. There are no other notes. This is stupid. My consultant can barely remember who he operated on 2 weeks ago unless I remind him, never mind 27 years. These legal types are really living in a world of their own.

I will hand him the chart and all the letters on Monday and let him write one of his little letters to this person. He will enjoy writing that with all of the big words he uses.

And if I sound annoyed it is because I am.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

G'night. Sleep tight. best wishes for FL.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:38 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, coffee and bagels are being prepared. I hope everyone makes it through Friday.