Notices

Taking a break

Old 09-05-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking a break

Just wanted to say I'm going to be taking a break around here for a while. Not sure how helpful I am . Feel like I'm maybe too conventional, too serious, too rambly,... I don't know.

Going through a bit of a rough patch. Still not drinking, despite emotional turmoil, and grateful for that. I know it would only make everything.. including anxiety and depression .. worse.

Have some follow up doc appointments in the next couple weeks; hope to get to the bottom of joint pain and persistently ringing ears.. which have been bugging me for months. Don't know if it's connected to alcohol or not. Thankful I'm giving my body the best chance to heal now.

Anyone thinking you can keep drinking to excess year after year without emotional AND physical consequences, on top of social, financial, spiritual, relational, hormonal, etc. ones., I submit: You are wrong. Even if you don't know it now.

Hope to see everyone back here in a while ... xo

Old 09-05-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((Tealily)))))))

I hope the break replenishes and focuses you on what you need for health and growth.

SR is always here, and can be a real comfort.

Please don't feel like you somehow are a square peg in a round hole; that's a classic trick of the AV, to isolate us from those who have been there and can help.

I know I for one will miss you. I find your posts encouraging and useful.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tealily I wish you continued success in your sobriety and best wishes with all of your health issues. I personally find your posts to be very inspiring and honest. I look out for your name and always get something out of what you have to say. For that I'd like to thank you very much. I hope to see you back very soon. Take care and please don't isolate yourself. You're allowed to feel down and need support too. Jo xxx
Old 09-05-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take care. Maybe keep reading here for comfort? You don't necessarily have to post anything.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I think you're a great help - but I understand a need for balance.

I hope your break recharges you tealilly and hope the doctor can help with the ears.

Don't stay away too long tho!

D
Old 09-05-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
quat

I don't think you are too anything, spot on is more like it.
Wish you well and hope to 'see' around, again , soon
Old 09-05-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We will miss you Tealily. You had very supportive posts. Take care of yourself, re-charge and remember...stay strong. See you around soon.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith that you are doing what you need to do. We'll be here for you any time you want to come back and check in.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have a nice break BUT don't be a stranger ok
Old 09-05-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just reading your replies made me cry more... thank you. Very grateful for everyone here.
<3
Old 09-05-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've always liked your posts tealilly, you seem like a very thoughtful sweet person, so I hope you don't stay away too long.

Side note, I had a lot of joint pain (still do if it's going to rain) and I also had really bad tinnitus. The tinnitus is completely gone since giving up drinking, and my joints are far better. I used to take the stairs one at a time and now I'm up and down no problem. I don't know if you will have the same experience, but that was mine. Alcohol is very inflammatory.

Best to you!
Old 09-05-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello!

I like your post too. I understand the break thing but if it's rough right now why not lean on us for support? Don't isolate yourself. I am of the opinion that all post are good for something so the mere fact that you are spending your time posting makes me feel greatful.

What's going on??? Talk it out.

Hope you feel better.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tealily, I agree that you're a great help - certainly never rambly. I enjoy your heartfelt, helpful posts.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you Tealily! I wanted to echo what others have said. I have read a good many of your posts and I they have been really helpful as I am starting my path to recovery!
Old 09-05-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tealily, I find your posts very helpful and clear. I understand wanting a break ... but I enjoy your presence here and hope to see you again.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sober style

I always like your posts, tealily!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Tealily, like everyone else who has posted here I always find your posts to be thoughtful, intelligent and kind.

Sometimes taking a break from SR is beneficial to recharge for a little while. As you are so thoughtful, intelligent and kind I've no doubt you will do what is best for you.

I did just have a twinge of concern when I read your post tho and I apologise if I'm way off mark. You say you're going though a rough patch with emotional turmoil. Whenever I'm feeling like that the first thing my AV tries to get me to do is leave SR and isolate from the very people who understand addiction and can help me. It tells me my posts are pointless, I've got nothing valid to say, how can strangers really care blah blah blah. A few weeks ago I even messaged Anna to ask her to delete my account. She suggested I take a break which I did and now I feel stronger than ever.

I'm not saying this is what is going on with you. I'm just saying that your posts have never been too serious or too rambly so just make sure it's not your AV telling you that they are.

One of the things that amazes me most about sobriety is how sneaky and conniving my AV is. It will do anything and tell me anything to get me drinking again. It knows SR has helped keep me sober for over 10 months so it doesn't like me being on SR. Not at all.

Enjoy your break Tealily but please don't become a stranger. Lots of love xxxx
Old 09-05-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It would be a bummer if you disappeared. It takes all of us to keep good support and wisdom. I had the ringing ears too.....
Old 09-05-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

We will be here for you when you return, Tealily. We'll have a candle in the window.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Your posts helped me tealily I hope your doc gets to the bottom of your issues.

Thanks