Notices

Prayers going up for Florida and

Old 09-09-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sure wish I had people to hang out with, but it is what it is. Should feel lucky that I have only me to take care of. Don't have a family to be worried about. That would be much tougher. John
Old 09-09-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Talk about feeling alone. This is about as alone as it can get. Really sucks. John
Old 09-09-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Talk about feeling alone. This is about as alone as it can get. Really sucks. John
John, are you getting anything yet where you are in Florida? How far up do you live in your apt? I am seeing pictures on the Internet, and just have to keep picking up my jaw. UNBELIEVABLE! You are not alone....keep posting here with us!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey John

I've been through cyclones and as horrible, scary as they are (and as lonely as waiting can be) the sun will come out when it's done

There'll probably be a lot to do then, so maybe you might offer your services in your local neighbourhood then?

til then stay safe,

D
Old 09-09-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey John

I've been through cyclones and as horrible, scary as they are (and as lonely as waiting can be) the sun will come out when it's done

There'll probably be a lot to do then, so maybe you might offer your services in your local neighbourhood then?

til then stay safe,

D
Great post Dee!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heavencanwait View Post
John, are you getting anything yet where you are in Florida? How far up do you live in your apt? I am seeing pictures on the Internet, and just have to keep picking up my jaw. UNBELIEVABLE! You are not alone....keep posting here with us!
First floor. John
Old 09-09-2017, 10:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

This kinda reminds me of when I lived in California. I lived in the middle of a major fire in San Diego. It's one thing to see it on TV. It's another thing when you are actually there. I have tremendous respect for firefighters and first responders. Don't know how they do it. They are true heros. John
San Diegan here. That was a crazy fire. Fires around us, nowhere to go. Be safe John. Can you get to a higher floor?
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PennyLane76 View Post
San Diegan here. That was a crazy fire. Fires around us, nowhere to go. Be safe John. Can you get to a higher floor?
Yeah, that fire was insane. I actually went to work that day and found the place empty. Knew there was a fire nearby but didn't think much about it. I got worried so called the police to see what's up. The cop was really angry with me for being there and told me to get out. The sky was full of ashes. Could barely breath. Could see fires on tops of mountains. Could see helicopters flying around with water to dump on the fires. I now have a healthy respect of what a major fire can do.
Will probably now learn to have a healthy respect of what a hurricane can do. The building I'm in has three floors, so if necessary I can go upstairs. A little worried but not too much. Got all I need. John
Old 09-10-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yeah, that fire was insane. I actually went to work that day and found the place empty. Knew there was a fire nearby but didn't think much about it. I got worried so called the police to see what's up. The cop was really angry with me for being there and told me to get out. The sky was full of ashes. Could barely breath. Could see fires on tops of mountains. Could see helicopters flying around with water to dump on the fires. I now have a healthy respect of what a major fire can do.
Will probably now learn to have a healthy respect of what a hurricane can do. The building I'm in has three floors, so if necessary I can go upstairs. A little worried but not too much. Got all I need. John
Hope you are OK so far today John. Thinking of you and all our SR family that are in Florida. Good to know that you are prepared and can go to a higher floor if need be. Stay safe friend.