SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Going to AA tonight Drank a bottle (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/415294-going-aa-tonight-drank-bottle.html)

sweetichick 09-01-2017 10:03 PM

Going to AA tonight Drank a bottle

But I rang my sponsor. She is helping me out. I told her if AA doesn't work then it is rehab next. I had to walk to the shops. I have no car. While I was there I figured I would take a couple of bottles home. Stupid. She is taking me to a meeting tonight instead.

FreedomCA 09-01-2017 10:08 PM

Glad to hear you are trying out AA!

sweetichick 09-01-2017 10:33 PM

Worried this bottle has made me more drunk than I thought. But I have to go . It's my only hope.

sweetichick 09-01-2017 10:34 PM

I at least need some hot water to have a shower. Still hoping it will heat up in time.

Dee74 09-01-2017 10:41 PM

I hope you do go Sweetichick - the path to change is all about different choices.

Good luck tonight :)

D

DontRemember 09-01-2017 11:18 PM

I've been to AA drunk a few times and I've had booze in my cup once. In my twisted mind I was never 'that bad' though. Glad to hear you're going and acknowledging that you are 'that bad'. That's what it takes.

hpdw 09-01-2017 11:38 PM

I hope AA works for you ,don,t stop trying were all here for you too.
Please keep us up to date .

sweetichick 09-02-2017 12:00 AM

I'm terrified about this meeting. That's why I kept drinking. Plus my man friend saying that I was stupid with the car. Can't handle it. Going insane.

Berrybean 09-02-2017 12:39 AM

What you listening to you 'Man'NOT-friend' again for?

You know SC, in early days we have enough negative stuff in our own heads without hanging out with people thaat add to it.

Did you get to the meeting?.

Dee74 09-02-2017 01:02 AM

I think there's a lot more stuff to be terrified about if you keep drinking Sweetichick.

D

Shitzupuppy 09-02-2017 04:19 AM

AA didn't work for me. I used AVRT, Rational Recovery.
:-/

Hope you can sort it out.

tomsteve 09-02-2017 07:05 AM

if you have decided you want what we have and are WILLING to go to any lengths.....
are you WILLING to go to any lengths?
every and any program will only work if the person works it.

DarklingSong 09-02-2017 07:34 AM

Hope AA helps you sweetichick. Honestly that so called man friend sounds toxic. I know I don't know much about your situation but I hope you can kick him to the kerb. If not, please consider some therapy if it is available to you. Toxic relationships will surely make overcoming addiction more difficult.
Support to you.

Nowsthetime 09-02-2017 08:20 AM

Hi Sweet:

What happened?

How about posting here before you drink and not after?

This is up to you.

Talk to us. We support you.

Delilah1 09-02-2017 08:27 AM

Hi Sweeti,

Checking in to see how your meeting went last night, and how you are doing today.

❤️Delilah

hellrzr 09-02-2017 09:42 AM

I did not go through rehab and part of the reason was because pretty much everyone told me that rehab is ultimately a pretty expensive Big Book. All these folks learned a lot in rehab and it helped them but you don't stay in a rehabilitation program forever. When you are done you usually end up in regular AA meetings working with a sponsor. Once I learned that it really helped change my mindset and I was determined that I could do it with the help of AA.

For me I finally got miserable and scared enough that I just shut up and listed to a sponsor who I truly believed had better judgment than I did and that's when my life changed. I hope you have the same experience.

PurpleKnight 09-02-2017 12:24 PM

You can do this Sweetichick, what is the worst that can happen? :dunno:

SR is rooting for ya!! :grouphug:

sweetichick 09-02-2017 07:42 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied. I didn't go last night. I am being sponsored again. Today I need to work on my step 1. Hope AA can help me. I'm going tomorrow night to a meeting.

sweetichick 09-03-2017 12:35 PM

Can anyone help with what to expect from being sponsored? It seems like a big commitment to AA. My sponsor is 15 years younger than me and has 3 years of sobriety. I have no idea what being sponsored is like. I don't want to stuff it up or get a resentment. I have been in and out of AA for years but never worked the program.

least 09-03-2017 12:38 PM

I'm not in AA but from what I've heard, a sponsor is supposed to take you thru the steps.