Notices

I used to post as Lorelei

Old 08-31-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I used to post as Lorelei

Hi everyone. I used to be a very regular poster then circumstances took me from the forums.
I had 3 years of sobriety and recently have slipped back to drinking. All i want to do right now is to curl up and die. I know i did good... but now... its back to square one.
This whole thing is killing me.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!
What did you do to get those 3 years under your belt?
Old 08-31-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi welcome back. I remember you it's great to have you back. I can relate as also had 3 years then picked up again last year. It's got worse over year and I'm only on day 4 now.

At least you've come back soon which is great. You still have all that sober time and the lessons and skills you learned. We just have to apply them again. You can do this.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember you too!!
I have no idea why i thought it would be a good idea to drink again... maybe i thought i was okay... fixed?! All i know is after all that hard work I am back again. Its like a bad dream on repeat...
Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I don't really know why I picked up either other than I took my eyes off the ball. I wasn't craving hadn't done in months. Just wanted to try it. Crazy hey. Left it for a month then did it again. Now I'm every night and physically craving and mentally obsessing. It can't go on.

We are in the best place here. Do you have other support?what did you use last time to get and stay sober?
Old 08-31-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Honestly. I hit rock bottom endedup in hospital and realised after being assessed if it happened again I'd probably die. So i literally decided no more... the first yr was hard but worth it. The bext 2 were easier with therapy etc. My friends and family supported me. Nothing changed, except me...Guess i became too comfortable.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberedupGirl View Post
Honestly. I hit rock bottom endedup in hospital and realised after being assessed if it happened again I'd probably die. So i literally decided no more... the first yr was hard but worth it. The bext 2 were easier with therapy etc. My friends and family supported me. Nothing changed, except me...Guess i became too comfortable.
Well, I'm glad you made it back here.

Time to make a new plan I suppose. What about meetings? Have you checked out what's happening in your area?

BB
Old 08-31-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

Yeah there's nothing different back there - getting sober and staying sober is the only way my life works.

You've done it once - you can do it again..Start thinking about a plan maybe?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

D
Old 08-31-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I used to be a very regular poster then circumstances took me from the forums.
I had 3 years of sobriety and recently have slipped back to drinking. All i want to do right now is to curl up and die. I know i did good... but now... its back to square one.
No need to curl up and die, you had three years sober and are alive and kicking!

You have PROVEN you are capable of doing this and don't let your own mind convince you otherwise!
Old 08-31-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back! You slipped and maybe fell but it sounds like you're ready to get back up, dust yourself off and get back to living your life sober again.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi, sorry I fell asleep last night!

Sorry to hear you ended up in hospital but well done on your 3 years. You still have that and will have it again. Use whatever you need to -what you know works and more. It's good you have support both in real life on on here too. How are you feeling today? Maybe join the September class.