Notices

Don't be stupid

Old 08-30-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't be stupid

So, as my sponsor says share what knowledge you have, so 6 months ago I started a journey and been sober since.

What I learned from my prolonged recovery beginning! Don't make excuses, its all BS, you're going to quit or your not. Don't take advantage of people, if you get drunk tell someone, if you have impulse control issues, tell someone. Oh and make the call ( post to a forum) to someone before not after you get drunk.

Nobody cares, oh sure you will get help and offers and people falling over themselves to do something, but bottom line you've been relegated to the lowest human possible, and help won't come soon if you hit rock bottom, nope they will walk away.

If they walk away, you're going to be awash in fear, regret, depression, loneliness, stand strong in the face of adversity, don't let those feelings or what you're feeling become you. You aren't defined by your worst moments, rather, you're defined by your greatest achievements, if that means 24 sober, you're doing a good thing and congratulate yourself.

Don't look back look forward, the past is a world of pain the future is world of opportunity should you take it, anything and everything you did is going to suck, its going to hurt, but if that drives you to drinking then you're back at square one. #$%$#%$# hurts, but take it day by day and learn to love yourself.

Nobody but you can do this, nope nobody is going to attend meetings, go to counseling, cry nightly if they can't drink, nobody will or can do that for you.

You're not alone there are many of us, we not so special you're not a special case, the world doesn't revolve around you. You're probably someone with mental issues, anxiety, fear, depression, bipolar, or worse. Get mental help, get the meds you need, but they won't stop you from drinking either you will....

Don't be stupid be smart, wake up daily with a plan to not drink, go to work, get to counseling, make the bed, put gas in the car, wash the dishes, talk to your kid whatever.... This is your new reality you're not going to get drunk, might as well enjoy the activities life has to offer sober, if you truly can't enjoy these things ( I get it) got to the gym get a social group, talk to people, call a sponsor, don't isolate it will only hurt you.

Stay strong, just found this site, going to be posting often, because guess what? This doesn't help you, this helps me, I need you just as much as you need me, that is a mantra that will keep you sober daily, humbleness, truth, and WORK!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 08-30-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Work is right. You can't half-*** this ****or phone it in. You have to approach it like a mission. I WILL NOT DRINK. I DO NOT DRINK.

Last edited by Dee74; 08-31-2017 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on six months. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome ultrasoberdude

There are a lot of ways to 'carry the message' - you'll find a few approaches at play here.

glad to have you join us.

D
Old 08-31-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi , I enjoyed your post .

Good to see you here .
Old 08-31-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good post and welcome!