Notices

Devastated

Old 08-30-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm not real great today. I'm amazed that everyone agreed with me. Still in shock over him dumping me.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I had to take out a loan to buy smokes. Normally we loan money to each other. The bottle shop is calling me. I'm not going though. Just have to white knuckle it and get to a meeting tonight.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you didn't drink.

If you can keep that up, you'll save money and won't have to take out any strings attached loans anymore, and you can keep this guy out of your life..

D
Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When is pay day for you Sweetie? Have you made plans yet re how you're going to get through it without drinking?

Might also be worth doing yourself a budget so that you can last your funds out next time.

And to be honest - I thought it sounded more like YOU were doing the dumping. He might have come over and picked up his stuff and tried to get the last word, but that's par for the course.

I am praying that you won't be backing down, and you will keep this guy out of your life so you can give yourself a chance to make new, REALfriends. Something tells me that would be hard with him around, as he seems to like you being dependent on him so he can treat you like poop. It sounded to me like he didn't like it when you stopped being his puppet and started to snip the strings. You performed a puppet-malfunction by calling him out on his **** and sticking up for yourself. Woohoo!! Go Sweetie Chick. PLEASE do not grab those strings back.

BB xx
Old 08-30-2017, 11:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
how is ANYTHING going to change when NOTHING changes?
that nothing changing being still allowing this person in YOUR home or even on YOUR property. notice i didnt say friend- friends dont treat me like that. in fact, NO ONE treats me like that because i dont allow it. i dont allow it around be because i CHANGED something-
i made my well being a higher priority than having people around me.

i hope you do the same.

"How could something like this happen so quick? "

sc, i say this with extreme sincerity:
youre in some serious denial if you think this happened "so quick."

seems like calling your old friend from AA, going to a meeting, and starting to work the program would be wise.
especially since the beginning of the month is coming again and ya have a tendency to drink once you get money.
starting the viscious cycle again
I took your advice and rang my old sponsor. I'm going to a meeting tonight. I'm very anxious and nervous about it but I need to solidify my sobriety. Hopefully this can be a fresh start for me and I may even make some new friends.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
When is pay day for you Sweetie? Have you made plans yet re how you're going to get through it without drinking?

Might also be worth doing yourself a budget so that you can last your funds out next time.

And to be honest - I thought it sounded more like YOU were doing the dumping. He might have come over and picked up his stuff and tried to get the last word, but that's par for the course.

I am praying that you won't be backing down, and you will keep this guy out of your life so you can give yourself a chance to make new, REALfriends. Something tells me that would be hard with him around, as he seems to like you being dependent on him so he can treat you like poop. It sounded to me like he didn't like it when you stopped being his puppet and started to snip the strings. You performed a puppet-malfunction by calling him out on his **** and sticking up for yourself. Woohoo!! Go Sweetie Chick. PLEASE do not grab those strings back.

BB xx
Hey BB. Payday is not till Tuesday. I haven't made any plans yet. Haven't really thought about it. I'm not sure who dumped who. He's probably waiting for me to profusely apologize which won't happen.
He actually scared away an old friend and my mother. He would just sit there and eyeball them and not leave me alone with them. He also thinks AA is full of wobble heads whatever that means.
I'm intending to avoid him forever not even letting him catch me out side my townhouse to talk to me. He called me stupid one too many times. What a jerk!
Old 08-31-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
Hey BB. Payday is not till Tuesday. I haven't made any plans yet. Haven't really thought about it. I'm not sure who dumped who. He's probably waiting for me to profusely apologize which won't happen.
He actually scared away an old friend and my mother. He would just sit there and eyeball them and not leave me alone with them. He also thinks AA is full of wobble heads whatever that means.
I'm intending to avoid him forever not even letting him catch me out side my townhouse to talk to me. He called me stupid one too many times. What a jerk!
Well, maybe get your old sponsor to help you make a payday plan. That always seems to be a tricky hurdle for you.

Just an idea - if that 'old friend' is a sober one, why not give them a call. I bet they'd love to hear that you're free of that old bullyboy. And you never know, perhaps the friendship can be salvaged.

I went for coffee on Tuesday night with my old school friend. We were best pals from age 5 to 15. She kinda gradually gave up on me as drinking and dickheadery took over my life. When I got sober I contacted asking how she was and explaining what I was up do (work, not-drinking, etc.) and she contacted back and asked to meet up. She lives a little way away so I don't see her loads, but I 've seen her a few times since then. Relighting the flame of that friendship has been one of the blessings of sobriety.

And well done for contacting your sponsor. Glad you're getting to a meetings.

BB
Old 08-31-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey BB. Payday is not till Tuesday. I haven't made any plans yet. Haven't really thought about it.
great plan- spend the day with your sponsor and others in recovery.

sweeti, it would be extremely wise to make recovery from alcohol your #1 priority. it would be wise to go to as many meetings as possible, read the BB, talk to your sponsor, start working the steps with your sponsor......

and tell the assclown dude,"BUGGER OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE! I WILL CALL THE POPO IF YOU COME TO MY HOUSE AGAIN!"
Old 08-31-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

He also thinks AA is full of wobble heads whatever that means.
yes, but we're sober wobble heads and happy!