Notices

To love something more than the addiction itself

Old 08-27-2017, 01:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Beautiful words.
I'm in a similar situation. My children are my main mitivation to stay on track. They deserve a fully commited and stable parent.
You are doing a wonderful job ☺
Old 08-27-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This is so powerful and relatable! Thank you for sharing. I have often felt this guilt when I was drinking with my newborn son asleep in the other room.

Our children are definitely a wonderful reason to stay sober- for their benefit, and ours <3
Old 08-27-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by Empathic1 View Post
theres fight in me and fight in you or we wouldn't be here,lets fight together
Right on, Empathic!
Old 08-27-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Beautiful words.
I'm in a similar situation. My children are my main mitivation to stay on track. They deserve a fully commited and stable parent.
You are doing a wonderful job ☺
Thankyou thumbelina they do hun,their our reasons to fight on 💗x
Old 08-27-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberBlondie View Post
This is so powerful and relatable! Thank you for sharing. I have often felt this guilt when I was drinking with my newborn son asleep in the other room.

Our children are definitely a wonderful reason to stay sober- for their benefit, and ours <3
Can't believe this..just wrote a massive reply out to u and somehow it disappeared!
Your so right hun,they are..I grew up with a alcoholic mother,i never hated her though, I just used to wish that I was more important than the drink,and as a teenager the roles ended up being reversed,i felt like the mother shoutin at her and pickin her up off the bathroom floor..wasnt right,i cant believe that I myself as a mother ended up stepping into them alcoholic shoes! I never in a million years planned or expected that of my self.it just slowly crept up on me and by the time I realised I had a problem,it well and truley had its claws in me it was hard,hard to admit and harder to try and be free.but I was determind.we will do anything for our kids because theres no other love like it 💗x
Old 08-27-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Right on, Empathic!
😀 thankyou snazzy dresser! Nice name btw 😁
Old 08-28-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Feeling abit emotional today but hanging on because im so close now to being free of my pain pills..ive been sticking to my daily lowerin doses but my body is now letting me kno that something is missing my last few days will probably feel like an eternity..I wont quit now for nothing.I made a promise to my child in my head that id beat this..hopefully il have a better day tomorrow x
Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hang in there and here! I know you're emotional at the moment and know that feeling. Try to stay busy/active to keep your mind off of "IT". You can do this for YOUR sake and YOUR child!
Old 08-29-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Hang in there and here! I know you're emotional at the moment and know that feeling. Try to stay busy/active to keep your mind off of "IT". You can do this for YOUR sake and YOUR child!
Thanks hun,had an awful night but still trying my hardest..feeling shakey and sick today.dont know if thats normal when withdrawing from pain killers.I remember feelin like this when I quit drinking..just gotta hang on x
Old 08-30-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

😢The days are dragging.I feel like total s*** and I feel like ive been re living the car crash I was involved years ago,over and over for the past 2 days and night.its like ive got P.T.S.D again.im fighting for 2 people,when my child wakes up in the morning,mummy puts her happy face on,and plans our day (praying to god that im doing a good enough job at hiding how I feel inside right now from him) im at rock bottom behind my smile.theres only one way to go from here and thats back up..
Old 08-31-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Been awake since 4.30am and keep breakin down in tears.I am so sick of this c**p! The shakin and feelin sick started a couple of days ago but I held on hoping (praying) it might stop or atleast be a little easier today but it was so bad that I had to ask someone to go pick my tablets up as its script day.ive got the full bag of tablets next to me but only took what I planned to while I reduce.when I joined this forum I was takin 12 tablets and 1 full bottle of codiene linctus a day.the bottle equalled roughly 18 tablets so thats 30 tablets e day.ive reduced every day and im now at 5 tablets a day hoping to do 4 tomorrow,3 the next and so on.its this shakin I cant cope with..I hate HATE hate these tablets!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hang in there! One of my closest friends was hooked on opiates. He told me that it was HELL coming off of them but, he's now 5+yrs 'free' of that. It does get better! I promise!