Notices

I'm not going to drink...

Old 08-27-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Aww didnt mean to make you teary eyed hun..just kno that the tug of war with emotions right now is normal..every HOUR without a drink,youre healing.be proud of yourself.stay strong,youve got this x
Old 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I’m sorry Empathic1, I hope I did not make you feel bad, I felt the warmth and support in your message and I got a little emotional. Actually, I think I’m a little hungry, lonely and tired and now I feel Angry at alcohol so I’ve fulfilled "HALT" but I’m not going to drink. Eating sounds like a plan though!
Old 08-27-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

No u didn't make me feel bad hun dont worry yes food is a brilliant idea! And sleep if you can.get another day under your belt sorry your lonely were all here for you though in this forum..its a nice place to share and encourage..I come on here daily.sometimes just to read if I dont feel like talking.it helps x
Old 08-27-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WOW you just took a huge step! Good on you! You can do this!
Old 08-27-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day three was hard, but I did not drink. I think that trip to the store caught me off guard, I could have ruined my progress if I gave in to the AV. I can’t avoid going out though so better get a handle on it.

So many people struggling here and so much support from those who understand and who’ve been there.

Bed time for me. Take care all.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow,your doing fantastic lisa.im routing for you 3 days is a massive acheivment..thinking about you and hoping you wake up feeling more determind than ever x
Old 08-28-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

A busy day at work today which I am thankful for. This should continue all week and this will keep me distracted from any cravings I think at least during the day. I’m feeling tired mentally fighting this and physically because sleep is not happening easy these past couple days. But I don’t ever want to wake up feeling like death again so I will soldier on.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You're doing great Lisa, congrats on 4 days. It's helpful for me , and others i'm sure, to read your posts. I'm only on day 2.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Eat much? When I drank, I ate all sorts of bad for me foods … junk food, fatty food, things I’m allergic to which was dumb - late at night binging on food while drinking (especially if I drank too much). Then the next day, hungover, I’d crave and eat greasy fast food breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. The more hungover I was the worse I ate. I felt awful.

5 days sober now I’m eating a lot but healthier options, especially at night after running I’m HUNGRY. Not eating foods I’m allergic to now - duh.

I’m doing ok, I’m afraid of my thoughts, I’m starting to think things like “well it’s been 5 days, I’m feeling pretty good, the weekend is coming I can celebrate with a bottle of wine” or “I have to get to the bank tomorrow, the liquor store is right there….” . I think I’ve still got this though, when I go to the bank I will park in the parking lot that is at the bank, not near the liquor store, then get the heck out of there afterwards. The first time I got sober I remember having to avoid going anywhere near the liquor stores for a while until those thoughts were gone, thankfully they don’t sell wine in grocery stores where I live!

See you tomorrow!
Old 08-30-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Im so happy to read this lisa,youve fought for your 5 days sober and are doing so SO well.dont let anything (weekends/having to pass the shop) take this away from you now hun..you're doing this 😉 x
Old 08-30-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

5 days! So proud of you, Lisa.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Those rationalisations are very common - Don't believe the lies Lisa - you're doing great

D
Old 08-30-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
So far to go.

Weekends are the toughest for me as well. I think it's best to plan them carefully and not get caught in the ritualistic situations we repeated over and over.

Like many others on here I'm really proud of you. Everything you're doing is worth it, and so are you
Old 08-30-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Gee I don't remember the last time anyone said they were proud of me! Feels good - thank you. Made it to the bank and back home, seems like a simple thing to do but not when your AV is on your back. Now off to the gym, I think i'll make it back without crossing paths with any liquor stores.

Lisa