Notices

Day 2

Old 08-25-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

I finally made the decision to seek out help my evening wine habit was out of control. Today is day two kinda scared for tonight Friday was my ok to drink not trying to hide it from my husband. I can't remember the last Friday night I did not crack open one but usually ended in two bottles of vino. I keep telling myself how good Saturday morning will feel. Scared but determined
Old 08-25-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My poison was wine as well and Fridays were always a freebie to go for it ..I had earned it!

Earned the right to drink to more excess than any other day which was already too excess ...earned the right to feel like death on Saturday wondering if today is the day my heart gives out ...then drinking the hangover off until following Friday when it all starts again

Some reward !

You got this - waking up Saturday morning hangover and guilt free - that's 10/10 for awesomeness and you will have whole day ahead to look forward to ..not drinking tonite,your reward is your tomorrow :-)

Stay strong !
Old 08-25-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks I like the part about guilt free I use to hate waking up and wondering what I had said or what email rant I sent. I was destroying my marriage I fear I did a lot of damage good to know I am not alone in this . Thank you
Old 08-25-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep busy tonight. Drink pints of squash!
Old 08-25-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Question I had my last drink in the wee hours this morning

I feel antsy and I know I have to do this.

Once already I dressed and got my car keys and got to the front door of my apartment because the liquor stores had just opened and I thought it'd be okay and I could just go get a very small bottle. You know, the little ones that only have 4 shots in it or so.

And a minute ago I thought I should get up and do it again.

So I got on google and am trying to find out how long this intense horrible craving thing happens. I've not been a heavy drinker I had gotten myself down to about that same amount every night. I think I'm past the part where I have to worry about blood pressure or seizures. But it's the cravings that are getting to me right now.

Suggestions would be nice and/or kind thoughts sent in my general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also I edited to apologize that I jumped into your thread I meant to start a new one. It was nice to read that someone else is in the very very early start of stopping drinking as well. Good luck to you too.

Last edited by Burgundeeworker; 08-25-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: apologizing
Old 08-25-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Burgundeeworker

I am actually on meds to curb the cravings and the anxiety to drink this go around ( just finished 5th detox :-/ ) and working wonders but in past experiences I would make drinks like sparkling water with cranberry juice, or add cucumbers to water just to mix up the flavors and try to trick myself into getting over the cravings. The process of making the drink actually seemed to help slow down the urge to run to the liquor store. I would actually walk laps around the house just as something to keep me moving and occupied till the craving passed. The dog thought I was nuts....
Stay strong, you can do this!
Old 08-25-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Loving Sobriety

I found ginger ale and chocolate helped. Ice cream too. You can do this!!
Old 08-25-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Forme2day
Welcome to you too Burgundeeworker!
D
Old 08-25-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Forme2Day - let us know how it goes - waking up not hungover is a lovely feeling.
Glad to have you join us.