Notices

Found help after trying to taper ....this might help you

Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found help after trying to taper ....this might help you

i had detoxed 4 times before in the last 5 years. All I went thru the er ( once kept in the icu). was sent to a stabilization unit and released. No real direction on staying sober but have hefty medical bills. I called many places this time in desperation to hopefully detox once last time. No insurance so that was a dead end. Tried to taper but still began having severe withdrawals - rapid heart Rate. Extreme shakes etc.

But found this out: My county. (Cobb county ga). Has a behavioral health center, open 24 hours and is a stabilization unit. Based on income so basically free. I was monitored, given Meds and went through the withdrawals much more comfortably. My heart rate was consistently 120-130. I do not think I would have survived on my own. ISpoke with counsellors about follow up : option to go to an inpatient rehab. Or an out patient program. I opted for a 6 month out patient program which I start today. I was sent home with extra anti seizure Meds , celexa for the anxiety and seroquel to sleep. And. The option for a " hospital stay" letter if needed for work. I am now waiting for my psych appt. all the help I needed to get sober and the support to remain sober.

I hope this info will help someone out there who wants to get to sober but can't as their body is physically defendant. Yes I had tapered before and it worked but the female body can be fickle. And I just knew this time it wasn't going to work. I am glad I found this program as I thought there would be no other way than going to the er and being hit with another hefty bill. Actually looking forward to my treatment plan.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, I'm glad you found us. There are lots of people her to help you stay sober!
Old 08-24-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. Withdrawals are terrifying. Glad you got help and have come through it. I am sure your post will help someone seeking medical support. I hope you stay around SR. It can help if you want to stay sober.
Best wishes.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
Welcome. Withdrawals are terrifying. Glad you got help and have come through it. I am sure your post will help someone seeking medical support. I hope you stay around SR. It can help if you want to stay sober.
Best wishes.
Thank you, the left the psych visit and he prescribed neurontin, it's supposed to eliminate the cravings. We'll see. :-). Going to first outpatient meeting tonight. I'll let y'all know how it goes. But so far feeling stronger than ever and no cravings.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing that info foundhelp - welcome to SR

D
Old 08-24-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

That's great Foundhelp, welcome to SR