SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Too late for me i have tried, but for you young ones you can do this (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/414861-too-late-me-i-have-tried-but-you-young-ones-you-can-do.html)

Mummyto2 08-23-2017 11:15 AM

Too late for me i have tried, but for you young ones you can do this

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jules714 08-23-2017 11:20 AM

You can do this too.

BlownOne 08-23-2017 11:21 AM

Never too late. Ever.

Mummyto2 08-23-2017 11:24 AM

I cant

Arpeggioh 08-23-2017 11:27 AM

I beg to differ, Mummy: it most certainly is NOT too late for you...nor for me...nor for anyone of any age who seriously wants to quit drinking.

You've been amazingly supportive of many people on SR; will you allow us to do the same for you? Never Quit Quitting!

Jules714 08-23-2017 11:29 AM

Sweet girl, we all thought that at some point. It's the drink robbing you of every last hope. Please dump it and get off the roller coaster and back on the band wagon, we saved you a spot!
It would also serve you well to not pay any mind to what others think/say/do.
J

joandmelandhan 08-23-2017 11:30 AM

It's absolutely not too late for you mummyto2. It can never be too late sweetheart. I know it may feel hopeless again but I hope you feel differently tomorrow ❤❤❤

Mummyto2 08-23-2017 11:41 AM

I feel a wreck, for everyone dont do it, you feel suicidal etc dont pick up and screw up like me

matt59 08-23-2017 11:45 AM

hey Iam 59 and at day 55. You can do this!!!!! I feel better than I have in years.

joandmelandhan 08-23-2017 11:46 AM

We will never stop supporting you Mummyto2. Keep posting. Stay close. Head to bed as soon as you can and tomorrow is a new day. You aren't alone ❤❤❤

Bunny211 08-23-2017 11:47 AM

Can you get to a meeting? Are you doing AA? It REALLY helped me to find women who understood where I was coming from to talk to!! They loved me back to wellness. I highly suggest a women's meeting. You CAN do this. I believe in you and I was once in your shoes only 2 years ago........

CreativeThinker 08-23-2017 11:47 AM

Mummy- Please do not give up because of a slip. We've all been there and there IS a way out. You have been doing fantastic...just get back up and keep going. That's how momentum begins. You CAN do this! Take every bit of strength that you have and get rid of the alcohol. Then, look at how you might change your plan to ensure this doesn't happen again. Coming to SR before you drink the next time would be a great solution.

Hang in there and please don't beat yourself up.

:grouphug:

ChloeRose63 08-23-2017 11:53 AM

We are all here for you. It was a slip up. It happens. We forgive ourselves and get back up. It is not the end of the world. You will be stronger next time the temptation hits. You were knocked down but, not knocked out!
Never too late to get back up again. You will shine again!!

bllit 08-23-2017 11:58 AM

m22 Hey i've been reading your posts on here before I came back and started to post again and i've slipped plenty ,but I continue to try how ever many times it takes the past is the past put it behind you and start recovery again because it's never to late for anybody PERIOD. You have got this.

Empathic1 08-23-2017 11:59 AM

Dont give up hun :( ive felt how your feeling and never thought id be free of the evil addiction..it is do able I promise! I tried a few times and failed,i kno now why I failed,because I wasn't ready.then one day it was like something "just clicked" and made a plan to quit by reducing daily so the withdrawals didn't hit me so hard.with every hour that passed " not days" the proudness in myself kicked in..I never dreamed id sit here one day sayin that I now have no desire for it atall..please keep strong and believe in yourself.everyone here believes in you and cares x

SoberLeigh 08-23-2017 12:01 PM

You absolutely can do this!!!!!!!

I am no spring chicken and I am doing it!!!!!

Please don't give up, Mummy.

rainyengland 08-23-2017 12:06 PM

Hey - your posts over last few weeks have really helped me when I was really down , you were so positive ! :-)

What's happened to trigger this ?

Keep posting and talking to everyone,it works..you CAN do this with help

Mummyto2 08-23-2017 12:28 PM

Hanging by athread omg

ChloeRose63 08-23-2017 12:30 PM

Tie a knot!

graciepearl 08-23-2017 12:35 PM

Come on Mummy we are in this together we cleaned our kitchen and re wall papered and ripped out that old life out together. You can do this. It was just a bump in the journey. Re-read your posts you certainly weren't feeling wrecked you were feeling wonderful and you can again. We are here for and with you..