SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feeling of stomach fullness in abdomen area after quitting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/414859-feeling-stomach-fullness-abdomen-area-after-quitting.html)

chiquen81 08-23-2017 10:09 AM

Feeling of stomach fullness in abdomen area after quitting

I know that I am not supposed to ask for medical advice and that I have to see a doctor, but did anyone experience fullness in their abdomen after they stopped? I feel it especially when I breathe in. When I breathe in it feels very tight and sometimes I get a little twinge pain in my back when I breath in. I attribute it to just that my body has been traumatized for so long. It's not really gas or stomach pains but more of a hard, tight feeling or like something is inside of me. (TMI - but I am very regular and having healthy bowel movements everyday. sometimes twice a day. eat a lot of fiber, kale, spinach)

DontRemember 08-23-2017 10:18 AM

How long since you quit? I've had that "bloated feeling" for a few days/wks after stopping in the past. To be honest it was that feeling that led me to this sight in '14. The feeling that 'something isn't right'. Mine went away but, I'd suggest seeing a Dr if you're able to.

doggonecarl 08-23-2017 12:25 PM

All those cheezits you've been eating?

Seriously, see your doctor. Querying the forum for information is just going to fuel your anxiety.

tomsteve 08-23-2017 01:22 PM

i 3rd seeing a doctor.
and by doctor
we dont mean doctor google!
:lmao

i could have about 1,376 things wrong with me with that doctor.

DontRemember 08-23-2017 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tomsteve (Post 6583329)
i 3rd seeing a doctor.
and by doctor
we dont mean doctor google!

i could have about 1,376 things wrong with me with that doctor.

I've got cancer every time I use doc google!

bllit 08-23-2017 01:33 PM

Heck you guys are doing good according to the google doc I should't be here I would already be 6 feet under.

Dee74 08-23-2017 04:26 PM

Another vote for the doc Chiquen - it could be something really simple but you'll set your mind to rest by seeing an expert :)

D

Jezzi 08-23-2017 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by DontRemember (Post 6583342)
I've got cancer every time I use doc google!

JustTony 08-23-2017 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by chiquen81 (Post 6583064)
I know that I am not supposed to ask for medical advice and that I have to see a doctor, but did anyone experience fullness in their abdomen after they stopped?

Yes - I felt that for a few days.

Then it just naturally went away for me.

Mizzuno 08-24-2017 06:02 AM

Go to the doctor.

heavencanwait 08-24-2017 06:50 AM

Best advice is to see a doctor. It should be done anyways for a check up. Hope you feel better soon.

Andagain 08-24-2017 07:18 AM

Go see a doctor just to be sure. But don't get freaked out about it, I had the exact same thing and my doctor asked me if I've been eating more fruit and veg since I quit, I said yes and he just shrugged and told me I probably wasn't used to the fiber.