Notices

Day 6

Old 08-19-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Started with a cold on monday...
I woke up with a cold last monday, (glad my kids havent start school yet), couldnt get out of bed, not even to get water, husband brought me some meds, water and a light breakfast, no coffee thou, I slept all day, and pretty much until wednesday, then I realised, wow, 3 days without coffee or wine, friday came up and I cooked all afternoon while eating fresh pears, went to bed early and read posts about people going 5 days sober.
Saturday, brunch with friends, pop the bubbly for mimosas, refill my cup with water, then another friend said "havent drank alcohol in 2 months"- I applauded her and we both cheered with ice water! I made it to day 6!!! Having a dry friend helps so much!
I also feel like I have nothing to talk about it, or sometimes it feels as if I have just arrived from a long vacation, or if im lost, or forgot something, stop whatever im doing and look around, like if im in a sureal world... been a daily drinker for 11 years
Old 08-19-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome jacintadturtle

You'll find a lot of support here - and understanding too. Things are less surreal when you're not alone

D
Old 08-19-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome , keep going it gets better and better
Old 08-19-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I think I just found my nightly reading, I feel like is not just me celebrating the end of the day sober 😀
Old 08-21-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my day six has turned into day 8! wow..
yesterday we went to a friends house to watch GOT, i brought some snacks to be prepared for cravings, everyone else was drinking, i grabbed into my water like a baby's bottle, I think I have grown attached to my water bottle somehow, they offered me a drink but didnt push it, i guess in their minds was a "the more for us" lol anyways show was done, i didnt stuff my face in food nor had a drink. Its 10:30 in Tx and just woke up, still feel like a hangover, that part I dont understand.
Day 8 for me!! yohoo!!
Old 08-21-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done