SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Let the crying begin... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/414653-let-crying-begin.html)

DD931 08-19-2017 10:13 AM

Let the crying begin...

Day 2 and the uncontrollable crying begins.
Not because I'm an alcoholic. Not because I did something wrong.
Because now that I am sober all of the reasons why I drank come to the surface. A pity party I guess you can call it, life has not been easy for me and so I pick up a glass of wine to forget how crummy life can be sometimes. Wrong thing to do I know but I am already planning to go have a glass of wine later because of personal events that have happened today.
I feel like a crazy person. All I want to do is be happy! That's it! Putting faith out there that one day things will just work out the way they are suppose to and I will find happiness.
Thanks for listening to my vent! Time to get my day moving I suppose!

Maudcat 08-19-2017 10:28 AM

Lots and lots of emotions abound when you are trying to stop drinking.
You know now that alcohol doesn't t help or change things.
You, however, can change things up.
Many on this site can testify to that.
How about an AA meeting?
Always a good start.

ChloeRose63 08-19-2017 10:31 AM

We all have those days when the reality of it all makes us incredibly sad. Drinking does not make that go away. It is a mask you put on temporarily. I am sorry you are so sad. Try to understand that it is alright to have emotions.

ScottFromWI 08-19-2017 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by DD931 (Post 6578036)
Wrong thing to do I know but I am already planning to go have a glass of wine later because of personal events that have happened today.

Stop that planning in its tracks! Make plans to do something else...it can be anything but drinking. Life is absolutely hard to deal with but why make it even harder on yourself by drinking? Take a walk, read a book, spend some time here, go to a meeting, there's a whole world of activities out there just waiting for you to join in.

bllit 08-19-2017 10:58 AM

Please don't drink play the tape you've already got through day 1 on day 2 if you drink tomorrow you'll upset because you did it. Try and do something else you'll be so happy you did especially tomorrow.

rainyengland 08-19-2017 11:13 AM

Hiya

Drinking is not going to help but you know that,just makes matters worse

I'm same..now got to deal with issues that made me drink it first place ..it's tough,I know how you are feeling

Dee74 08-19-2017 04:57 PM

Hi DD931

early recovery is an emotional rollercoaster for most of us - it's our minds and bodies healing - its like we dam up our feelings for so long as drinkers, and now the dam's breaking...

things will settle down - this is not the best recovery gets :)

Going back to drinking simply means you'd have to do this all over again...don't go backwards.

Have faith - it's a little rough right now, but you are on the right road :)

D

Hevyn 08-19-2017 05:02 PM

DD - it's true - things won't stay this way. We promise the misery will lighten up as your new life takes hold. The feelings of the first few days will settle down & you'll be able to move forward. Proud of you on Day 2.