Notices
View Poll Results: How often did you drink in a typical week?
Everyday
68.37%
Every 2nd day
11.53%
Every 3 or 4 days
11.37%
On the weekends only
6.43%
Other
5.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 607. You may not vote on this poll

Were you a daily drinker or every other day? #2

Old 12-05-2021, 10:54 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I voted “other”. I generally drank 2xs a month. But it was a race. Maybe two bottles of wine in four hours. passed out definitely by hour five.
I’m vain. If I drank more, I’d gain weight. I also work and it’s tough to drink when you work.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:30 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Everyday, all day.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Generally I drank a few nights a week, 3-4 beers or 3 glasses of wine.. to calm my frustration and disappointments. I had 142 drinks in the last year (yes I count) and it hasn't gone much above that since 2017, when I relapsed after 3 years sober. I just get so wound up, lol. I have codependency, anxiety, OCD, a shopping addiction and many other issues. It's overwhelming. Sometimes it seems drinking is the least of my issues but in reality that relaxing effect, by making everything temporarily better, does keep us from addressing the core issues.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:20 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

at the end, every day, literally all day. I was drinking myself to death.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:36 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Werekender primarily.

Fridays. Then Saturdays too, then Sundays so work wasn't productive on Mondays. Then occasionally Thursdays (don't work Fridays). Then sometimes a few weeks or months (if I was lucky) off, then rinse and repeat... For 30 plus years.

Apart from when I was working as teacher. Then it was most days...
Old 12-20-2021, 09:09 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Twice a week on Monday and Thursday. 3 to 4 standard beers on these days. I never did wine or hard alcohol (too strong for me)
Old 12-25-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Every, single day, for months, until I ended up at hospital (got so weak I couldn't even buy anymore)

Now, they are more like in "bursts". One or two days here, a couple days there, etc. Still haven't managed to quit..... damnit.
Old 12-25-2021, 02:37 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I was drinking daily. Ashamed to say I couldn't drive past the shop near my work and would always grab one (or more) cold ones for the journey home. I would pick my kids up and make no attempt to hide the open bottle. I started keeping a bottle opener in the car cos I kept breaking keys popping caps with them. Then more beers at home before switching to wine. Weekends I could start earlier, around lunchtime normally, and then keep guzzling till I fall asleep on the sofa.

I'm talking in the past sense but this has been going on up until a few days ago! And I make out I don't have a drink problem and tell myself those around me don't see it either. It sounds utterly ridiculous as I write it now.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I could tick all those boxes. But generally I switched between drinking every night 1+ bottles of wine plus beers (if I bought more I definitely would have drank it too) to abstinance for a while to all day binges. My drinking pattern was as crazy as my choice to use alcohol as a solution for anything.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:37 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

My drinking came as a relapse after nineteen years drug free. It was ok for the first five years but then became just like drugs, as much as I could get in me before passing out. After eleven years I ended up a derlict in my own house and one morning I picked up the phone and asked for help. I took the help offered. That was eighteen years ago and I can still see feel smell and taste those last days. I dont miss it and am so grateful for my life today.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:56 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Triggered View Post
I could tick all those boxes. But generally I switched between drinking every night 1+ bottles of wine plus beers (if I bought more I definitely would have drank it too) to abstinance for a while to all day binges. My drinking pattern was as crazy as my choice to use alcohol as a solution for anything.
Hi Triggered, it’s good you put a stop to it. You’d be surprised to hear some people consider that not to be a lot of alcohol. I drank pretty much the same amount and had all sorts of health and other problems. I was amazed to hear a few people (not on SR) saying I wasn’t an alcoholic. I don’t mind what label I have, but I’m sure glad I (and you) quit.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:36 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
I am a Child of God

For me it was binge-drinking turn into 2 days
Old 09-20-2023, 07:00 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

It started off as a weekly thing, the since Xmas last year it turned into a few days then it progressed to every single day I'd drink almost a bottle of vodka.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:57 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

^I’m sure alcohol dependency can happen within a few months or even weeks. I reckon the Covid lockdowns were a terrible time for this.

Well done for stopping, Nessie 👍
Old 09-21-2023, 02:52 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Every day for a combined 30 years and in latter age drink/drug 2 or 3 days then 3 or 4 days sober up, and back into the "trap".
Old 01-15-2024, 10:49 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Every weekend whether I questioned did I want a drink more it was it's Fri sat and Sunday so I'd drink. Every 6 weeks ish I'd have a bender initially would be 2 days but was increasing over time. My last binge was a week. Drank at least 3 bottles of wine everyday starting at 7.30am with my drive to any shop that would serve that early. I would drink anything with alcohol to stop the shakes if I couldn't get out for wine. My very last drinking day was a Saturday I drank 3 bottles of red wine which I don't really like and a bottle of white.

Definitely not the good old days 😪
Old 01-18-2024, 07:49 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Everyday I would drink till I passed out. Would often wait till my wife would go to bed to start up and would drink rapidly until I would essentially fall into bed and be lights out.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:18 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I joined the 411 votes in the everyday taly.. BUT that was almost a year ago.. Nowday's I can count the glasses of wine I've had on my fingers..
Drank loads of beer before and kept busy working my five acres, but it caught up with me and I had to put a stop to that everyday binge..