SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Enough is enough (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/414579-enough-enough.html)

Empathic1 08-17-2017 09:12 PM

Enough is enough

Hi,im new and not sure where to post,so hoping if I post in here that someone will just "get it" what im going through and share their stories with me about how they overcame their nightmares.people say it is easier to off load to someone who your not emotionally attached to,rather than tellin the ones you love because you kno they'll hurt for you.thats why iv came here.I need help.im addicted to dihydrocodiene.I was prescribed it about 13 years ago
Im supposed to take 2 ,30mg tablets 4 times a day.which I did take properly for about 8 year with no problems,but started needing to take more and more to the point I run out days early and have to go out and buy lots of codiene linctus.its horrible and iv had enough, I feel so ashamed skulking around different chemists, tellin lies about why I want the medicine..nothings touching me now no matter how much I take,so I have to and "want" to stop .has anyone done it them selves at home without a dr or rehab,i know what the physical withdrawals are like but its the depression ive heard about after coming off it that really scares me :(

Dee74 08-17-2017 09:24 PM

I answered your other thread in another forum, but welcome to Newcomers forum :)

D

griffey84 08-17-2017 09:26 PM

I don't know what the symptoms of ofmedicine withdrawals are but I have been drinking alcohol for most of my life and I mean a lot not beer but whiskey and vodka and I've done a lot of reading on these forums and one thing I can tell you myself included from what I gather all of us suffer from the depression the thoughts of what we have done to our self and others the worry of the future without our dependence on whatever we do but hang in there and there is a lot of good people and advice here I wish you the best of luck may God be with you

Empathic1 08-18-2017 02:37 AM

Bless you,thank You very much,i used to be bad on the drink :( ashamedly bad for a woman! 3 months ago I somehow found the strength to quit..I thought id never be free of it and I hated its control over me,after several half hearted atempts and fails I new I wasnt ready in my head but when I woke up that morning I knew I was ready so made a plan to cut down and down over 4 days hoping my body would cope better..I was really lucky..I did it and havnt thought about it since,if only I could get through withdrawing from codiene so easy.maybe ive just frightened myself by reading other peoples experiances,every body handles things differently dont they.all I can do is try,if I fail il try harder lol but il do it..here's to day 1 I'm ready :)