Notices

18 days off oxys still feel like crap

Old 08-14-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

18 days off oxys still feel like crap

I pretty much was forced to stop my pain clinic closed down.I have been clean for 18 days but it seems to be getting worse not better. My main issue is my stomach burning general lack of energy and moodiness.The thing that is frustrating is I feel good for one day thinking this might be over then bam three days of crap.I have gone this far not going through this My original pain doc was the one who started me on this downward hell over prescribing me 12 30 mg oxys a day 60 mg methadone .for 5 years so its time to heal. You all know and have or are going through what I am so I'm grateful to post to those who understand the journey
Old 08-15-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ryanspop

I'm not really familiar with those meds but yeah, it's probably going to take a little longer to feel good again.

It sounds like you're definitely facing the right direction tho - and support does help

Welcome aboard

D
Old 08-15-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Ryans,

I suffered for months, off and on, getting clean off booze.

I'm over 2 years clean and still have lingering anxiety I know will dissipate.

I don't think I have another relapse in me. I am sure i would go insane if this relapse would have being much worse.

Motivation to stay clean. I don't need mind altering substances anymore. My mind is altered enough.for 5 lifetimes.

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went through a very bad withdrawl from tramadol and what helped me daily was plenty of water ..bannanas and zinc and magnesium...hold on in there its very tough
Old 08-15-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Ryan, I got off oxycontin about a year ago. I was on 70mg a day for a year (from injury). The amount the doc had you on seems quite high. Anyway, I wish I could give you a magic bullet and you could get through the toughest part, but I can't. You just have to trust that with time it will definately get better.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

18 days isn't very long. It takes a while to feel normal. I was taking them for 6.5 years. I had to carry baby wipes with me for 8 months because I had foamy bile coming out of me 10x+ times a day. I sweat like a pig for over a year.

Insomnia still persists after 3.5 years but it's getting better.

My pain became more manageable after two months. The pills caused me to actually hurt more!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. - Steve Vai

Methadone, especially, takes a lot longer to withdraw from. Keep up the good work and consider meeting up with an addictions counsellor or giving NA a go if those are options for you in your area.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 18 days of sobriety! I hope that you begin to feel better soon.