Notices

free help???

Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

free help???

I'm trying to do whatever it takes to get through this for me first and to be a better father for my children and a better man for those I love not many options don't make much money do not have insurance so my only option is AA two days a week and this forum wish I could speak to a therapist or someone about the underlining depression and the anxiety that lead to the drinking to begin with because now that I am trying to quit only on day 2 the depression is worsening and anxiety is worse as well if anybody has any comments or suggestions I'd appreciate it thank you thank you all for being here you all are a true inspiration
Old 08-14-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice or referrals there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding Scale Clinics | NeedyMeds
The 14608 clinics in this database offer medical services (some may also offer dental services) and are free, low-cost, low-cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance. If you're under or uninsured, and looking for a nearby free clinic, sliding scale clinic, or low-cost clinic, where you and/or your family can go for lost cost medical care....Please note that the clinics listed are not necessarily free.
2-1-1.org

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would encourage you to seek help from Social Services.

If you're struggling financially there are medical services offered for free.

I don't think depression and anxiety are conditions you struggle to get through. Getting sober will certainly help, but you may need some assistance from a Doctor.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can find a way to get the help you need.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Look up 'Mood gym' online. A self-help CBT based program. If you do it with raw honesty, it can make a difference. Also SMART...for coping on the ground stuff and very good online resources. The internet has more resources than I have blood cells. Depression and anxiety forums..govt. sponsored programs...do a bit of research. Support to you.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! I hope you can find some help with your needs.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support and the information I am looking into it I appreciate all of your help thank you