Notices

The Plan is to get a Plan

Old 08-10-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Plan is to get a Plan

After being here and reading for hours last night, I realized I didn't have a plan besides just not drinking! That only lasted for 10 days. I haven't sat down and given much thought to a plan as I thought my resolve to not drink would be enough... Nope! I read one persons remark about "working as hard on being sober as one does on drinking" and it made sense to me. I need a plan that is made for me that means Ive got to start by looking at me...truthfully! The plan for today is writing down all the reasons why I can no longer drink alcohol, remembering all the pain and ugliness that it has brought to the table of my life.. its a start.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

GOOD FOR YOU! Just like most things in life- a holiday, saving for q new car...a plan for sobriety- what to do, how to carry it out...coping with cravings, getting on the ground support, meetings, counsellor, physical health....
Old 08-10-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Plans are good, good luck
Old 08-10-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is great, Wrandi. A perfect way to start. We are here to help! You can do this.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Good luck! Sounds like you are going to do great.
Look forward to hearing more !
Old 08-10-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A written plan was the key to my sobriety. Here is a link to a great thread on recovery plans: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ry-plan-2.html
Old 08-10-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The beginning of a plan... Reasons

Since I realized last night I didn't have A Plan, today I decided I was going to start one....I decided that I need to start small and build from there each day. One Truth at a time! Im new to this idea of sobriety, in that, Ive refused to believe Im the A word...Alcoholic. I know in my heart I can't drink anymore. My soul cries out and Ive ignored it for half my life. The reasons I can't drink will be the nucleus of my plan, a place where the rest of my steps spring forth or dare to take steps at all. Im single and have no one to bounce the truth or lies off of. No one has ever told me I need to stop, I just know I do.

The Reasons
*I don't know who I am without alcohol
*I drink to escape loneliness
*I drink to escape childhood trauma
*I drink to escape anxiety
*My family, all in other states, don't know I have a problem
*My drinking has changed...used to be 1/2 a bottle of wine, now a bottle
*Ive now had a couple of blackouts in the last couple of months (awake but forgot about an hour's time)
* I feel shame at the time Ive lost to drinking
*The soul and truth of Any moment Ive been given has been watered down with alcohol....What beauty have I missed?
* I know this is not what God intended for my life

Thats it for now....Love, Wrandi
Old 08-10-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

do look at the link soberandhealthy posted - it will help you enormously

D
Old 08-10-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I did and I copied it! Thank you!
Old 08-11-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The beginning of a plan... Mantras

Today in the formation of My Plan, I will find my Mantra(s)...My self-talk, back-talk, no-talk... Until I can pinpoint the AV vs the SV, my old thinking and how to manage it, I need to attempt to peacefully organize my thoughts by keeping it simple..(listen or kick-em to the curb) or not think at all(meditate)....because it probably takes some sober time under the belt to do this, I want to have "true statements and affirmations" about alcohol and myself that I can spit out quickly in my arsenal........I need to spend a lot of time here because the last time I quit for 10 days, I acted on "the romanticizing" of the drink and it only took some pretty wine glasses to change my mind and trajectory....I saw them, I wanted them, I told myself that I really didn't have a drinking problem, I bought them and drank...I didn't even put up a fight. I wanted so much to be normal...but now Im finding out that "normal" is a lie, as well!

Im excited about my Mantra's and Im not limiting myself to the English language or this time period in my search to find them, either!

Love, Wrandi
Old 08-11-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
under new management

Way to go, Wrandi

I have learned so much about myself by reading, reading and then reading some more on SR. The bounty of wisdom, here on this site, continues to amaze me!

Old 08-11-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job Wrandi! Keep it up.