Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

It's Friday and I need a drink! smoke! toot! Weekenders Thread 11-13th Aug

Notices

It's Friday and I need a drink! smoke! toot! Weekenders Thread 11-13th Aug

Old 08-16-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning all, it's a fine rainy day. Oh well, at least I've got a day-old donut to look forward to. If night security didn't eat it.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Could be worse Dragon, I had to eat some humble pie this morning. I forgot to realease a production order and now people have to rush a bit to complete it in time. We are not busy so it's no problem but I hate slipping up - I like to be the one doing the complaining
Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Who leaves a donut uneaten? I can't even.

Maybe that's why I've found a couple extra pounds in the last couple months. It's coming up on winter too...STD, give me your secrets on donut-ignoring.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

There is something I would like to talk about as it was bugging me all day. It's relatively minor but still.

Well at the end of 2015 I met this guy online. The whole thing was doomed from the start as I have my own problems and he was struggling with serious depression. He was extremely upfront about that. Anyway we will call him John for the sake of the story although he is from a completely different country.

Anyway time ticked by as time does. John was appearing and disappearing on a regular basis and often gone for months with no contact. (I know. I know). On his return I would question it and he would say he had gone to wherever to deal with his depression.

I got fed up of this after a while and I met some one else online in August 2016. He had been asking me out for over a year and I kept turning him down. Why I don't know because when we eventually met in person we just got on well immediately. He didn't care about my shyness and he often said "you are the softest, kindest most innocent lady I've met since I moved to this country 13 years ago. Why did you make me wait a whole year?" He can also be very kind. I remember one time I was leaving work late and I was cross eyed from all the typing. He texted me to see where I was and if I had had dinner yet? I said no I'm off home to get beans on toast and a cup of tea. He said he had prepared food for himself and insisted on bringing some over to me. Our times together floated along comfortably on a calm sea. We work very different hours so 10 days could go passed before we would see each other but we texted every second day or so. We will call him Tom for the purpose of this but he is from a completely different place also.

So about 2 months ago John reappeared after 6 months and wanted to meet. I was fairly non commital and said yeah maybe sometime. Meanwhile Tom and I were out and about yesterday. It was a sunny day and we bought a couple of drinks (Diet Coke etc) to have down by the river. He is fairly outgoing and I'm not and he was constantly stopping to talk to random people he knew. Often he would walk away to say hi to someone else and leave me there. But they were nice people and I had a good time too.

We went back to his house and just had pizza and watched Netflix. He is going home on holiday and I told him I would miss him. He said don't miss me too much as I am a bad man. He said don't expect too much from me as I don't know where I will be from year to year. He said no matter what he would never ever forget me. He said just enjoy things day by day and do not think about the future. I said nothing and just asked when he was coming back. He said beginning of October. It will be well before your birthday. What would you like as a gift?

This has come up before about him moving away and at that time he told me he loved me and asked me to go with him. My life being the way it is, again I was non commital.

In the middle of this last night John texted and asked to meet that night. I told him I was busy. He wrote back "yeah I saw you with your friend last night and I know him. Enjoy your night with him. You are just like every other woman".

Surprisingly that didn't bother me. (There was actually a time in my life when I would have been so upset. Why? Look at me. I'm growing). I mentioned it to Tom this morning and he just said "was he spying on us? Dear God, what kind of losers did you used to date before you met me? If he texts again just tell the psycho to get lost". He dropped me off at work and I asked him to call over to mine before he heads for the airport next weekend. He gave me a kiss and said "I will of course. But I don't want any tears and no gifts".

You know it is funny because the first time I met Tom I remember writing on here that the first date was like being out with an enthusiastic octopus but I have become genuinely very fond of him. (I might say "love"). All I will say is that I have a fairly routine life and the past year would have been a lot less colourful without him.

And thank you all for reading.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Saou.xx
Night guys xx
Old 08-16-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra the John guy sounds way too intense, you are probably better off steering clear.

Thank you petals.

I do like cakes/donuts but sugar is one of the few vices, along with gambling, that I can easily resist.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have just realised, tomorrow is Thursday and we are due a new O.P. I had completely forgotten so I will have to wing it!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

All you could think about was your Birthday?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Who leaves a donut uneaten? I can't even.

Maybe that's why I've found a couple extra pounds in the last couple months. It's coming up on winter too...STD, give me your secrets on donut-ignoring.
Well... I can leave a drink undrunk now, so I guess with a little practice, donuts can be ignored too.

BTW, it was missing when I got in this morning.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Well... I can leave a drink undrunk now, so I guess with a little practice, donuts can be ignored too.

BTW, it was missing when I got in this morning.

What insurers call Moral Hazard I believe.