Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

It's Friday and I need a drink! smoke! toot! Weekenders Thread 11-13th Aug

Notices

It's Friday and I need a drink! smoke! toot! Weekenders Thread 11-13th Aug

Old 08-12-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi All;

I'm in for the weekend, as stated in the prophecy. . .
Old 08-12-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Hi All;

Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

It's Saturday, and I'm at work. I work a regular M-F job, so this is highly unusual. But I have my big trip to Bali coming up, and I'm way behind on the things that need to be done before I go. It's ok though - I got up at 6, did some things around the house, I'll work for a couple of hours, and then I can enjoy the rest of the weekend without as much stress. I'd be hating every second of this if I were hungover, and I might not have even made it here. I would have for sure come up with excuses to skip it, thereby making next week at work unbearably stressful. This being responsible in sobriety stuff is pretty cool.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Hi All;

Tee Hee!

(good to see you Hawkeye and you Bacchus)

Welcome to Weekenders ghostgirl! try and keep as busy/ occupied as you can, it keeps the AV silent while you are occupied. You can do it!

I went to Cambridge a few weeks ago and managed to get an order from the people I went to see. Not mentioned on my invoice was the discount that I gave them in return for which I have just taken delivery of some bits of wearable technology in the form of chargers that I can use on my laptops and phones. It doesn't look silly or bulky - not bad at all.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

It's Saturday morning and I have no plans today. Ummm, that's not good! I need to find something to keep me occupied!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Jezzi! Yeah, as I mentioned to ghostgirl, displacement activies are really helpful in early recovery. The AV is relentless but easily distracted. The good thing is that you don't need to keep doing displacement type activities for ever to keep the AV at bay.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I posted somewhere today that I'm glad to be home 'cause it's my safe place. But I'm in a bit of emotional turmoil today and I don't feel safe. I need a "pick me up". It's hard to think of something to do in this state of mind. We've decided to grab some lawn chairs, some coffee and go sit in the sunshine at the park. The idea has me feeling better already.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Fridays are the hardest days for me. It's never the "let's go to the bar!" or any kind of social occasion that makes me relapse. It's almost always the 'automatic drive to the store' on friday evenings after work.

I'm glad I got Friday sober, and will be sober today.

I wish i didn't need the reminder of being hungover to try again... I start feeling better, and begin thinking I can moderate. I'm a dummy.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders sobersolstice! we have probably all given moderation multiple tries, I know I did. Didn't work for more that one or two days, three at most. Congratulations on getting through Friday.

Hope everyone else did too.

Well I have made it through Saturday, bedtime for me.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Night Sao.

Saturday Dinner time for me & I have a pizza just about to come out of the oven. I can't wait for my weekend treat
Old 08-12-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I went for dinner last night with some colleagues as one of the secretaries across the hall had a baby a couple of months ago and she said she "needed" a night out. She did call into work during the week with the new baby and the baby is cute I admit. I thought she looked really tired around the eyes...which is to be expected I suppose. Anyway she was telling us her mom offered to babysit last week so she and her husband had an evening out at the races. Race week was just mental here. I had to go to town on the Thursday, I went straight to the one shop and straight home again. Anyway they went to some hotel bar for a few drinks and she said "it was so much fun. Ok it was so busy that it took about half an hour to get a drink at the bar but it really was so cool and we had a great time".

Half an hour to get a drink? My idea of hell. I would rather spend time at the dentist getting teeth pulled. But that's the difference between us.

I was just reading an Irish "joke" news site with "funny" made up headlines. The latest one is "Incredibly Boring Man Doesn't Need Alcohol To Have A Good Time". Really?I thought society had moved beyond this sort of nonsense.

Sorry, I am just tired right now.I have a review x-ray and check up on Monday which I am a bit worried about. My wrist seems to be improving but I am worried that I will be stuck with this splint for longer.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I went for dinner last night with some colleagues as one of the secretaries across the hall had a baby a couple of months ago and she said she "needed" a night out. She did call into work during the week with the new baby and the baby is cute I admit. I thought she looked really tired around the eyes...which is to be expected I suppose. Anyway she was telling us her mom offered to babysit last week so she and her husband had an evening out at the races. Race week was just mental here. I had to go to town on the Thursday, I went straight to the one shop and straight home again. Anyway they went to some hotel bar for a few drinks and she said "it was so much fun. Ok it was so busy that it took about half an hour to get a drink at the bar but it really was so cool and we had a great time".

Half an hour to get a drink? My idea of hell. I would rather spend time at the dentist getting teeth pulled. But that's the difference between us.

I was just reading an Irish "joke" news site with "funny" made up headlines. The latest one is "Incredibly Boring Man Doesn't Need Alcohol To Have A Good Time". Really?I thought society had moved beyond this sort of nonsense.

Sorry, I am just tired right now.I have a review x-ray and check up on Monday which I am a bit worried about. My wrist seems to be improving but I am worried that I will be stuck with this splint for longer.
Hi Tetra! Hope your review and check up go well.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning, Weekenders. Checking in. Sober so far for me so I'm really hopeful this weekend. Just got to get through Sunday.

All the best to everyone. See you later!
Old 08-13-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, happy sober Sunday.

Do check in to say you made through Friday and Saturday and post if you did slip up too, no-one will criticise you, just offer support for next week. Holding yourself accountable helps to get your mind in the right place.

Good luck with the check up tomorrow Tetra.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hey that's great Nonsensical! All the very best to you, I know it has been something you have been working towards.

I still have over three weeks leave left. I need to go somewhere quiet where nothing much happens, Guam looks the very thing.
You might want to rethink that....
Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
LOL Tetra! I can totally relate....I stopped going out on busy occasions just so I wouldn't die of thirst, and in the process run into people I don't wanna talk to......(Come to think of it, maybe that's why I started bringing my own stash and doing shots in between....well, that and the fact that I'm an alcoholic!)

Sunday morning here, getting ready for work. See you all a little later!
Old 08-13-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

My "Double fisted" ex drinking buddy would order three beers, then three more as soon as those arrived.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Feeling much better and stronger. Today I celebrate a milestone.
300.JPG
Old 08-13-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Well done hitting 300 STDragon ! Way to go !
Old 08-13-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

That's great, STDragon! Those milestones are such an important part of our work to live in sobriety and recovery.

Best to all.