Notices

Day 19 - Really Down Today

Old 08-09-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 19 - Really Down Today

Hey everybody. I should have shared this at the meeting tonight but really didn't want to "be the topic". Just need to get it off my chest. I am not going to drink but these are feelings I used to drink over.

Got a call from my ex-wife today (still love her - still heartbroken) and my Golden Retriever is really sick. I honestly don't think she'll make it. This will, of course, devastate us all.

My son was there helping take care of her, and as sad as I am about hearing Rosie was sick, for some reason the ever present torture of my kids estrangement kicked in. They won't have anything to do with me (22 daughter and 24 son). I really don't understand my son.

I didn't go back out and start drinking until we were separated 2 years and was never drinking in the house. I had almost 10 years of not drinking before I picked up [hint - stay in the rooms...].

I didn't know what to do - I tried everything I could think of to try and be there for them, support them, get them through college. I tried so hard.... I would do anything now and have told them that.

It feels like its killing me.

Had some other things that happened today as well, but Rosie sick and the kids are the main ones.

I know I am whining. I am just 19 days sober. I will do the next right thing whatever that is and not pick up.

Just tired...... Lonely.... All alone in a new town after having to relocate. Glad the rooms are there at least.

Thanks for letting me share
Old 08-09-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs.
I'm sad, miss my kid and lonely too.
But we ARE NOT going to drink.
Take care,
Jules
Old 08-09-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you're going through this wme. I went through the loss of the dog with the ex wife too. It's hard. You might think about joining the July class. Lots of support here.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi WME

I'm sorry for your sadness - dogs are special creatures.

As for your family - you've offered your help and support - if they want it, they'll ask you for it.

Sometimes mending fences takes longer than we like...it's not great, but you're doing everything you can to stay sober and to be the best you you can be.

If course it's gotta be for us and not for others, but I hope one day that work will be recognised WME

D
Old 08-10-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody
Old 08-10-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're feeling a little better?

D
Old 08-10-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope things are better today for you.

There's always hope with your kids. The 20s can be a difficult time. Reconciliation is possible. All the more reason to stay motivated to stay sober and be your best self.

I'm so sorry about your pup.

Hang in there. All we can do is move forward.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry your feeling like this, we have just moved to a new area, have you thought of joining some clubs to meet new people and have some fun, ie bowling, gym etc etc that way you can make new friends good luck
Old 08-10-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey all. I have to say today is better than yesterday but still underlying, you know? Low burn. So glad I didn't have to drink over it or it would be just as bad or worse today. Rosie is showing a little bit of improvement so praying she makes it! We will know more today. Yeah the kids thing is hard and still killing me but trying to accept it and pray reconciliation is in the future. I just have to keep reaching out and being there for them no matter what. Even if it hurts when they reject me. I have had health issues but definitely going to join other clubs and try and find some friends as soon as get cleared from Cardio doc. It's been a tough year! Divorce / kids / forced to relocate / lost Dad / lost job and starting new one. Thank God I don't have to drink over it anymore, but now have to feel those feelings and deal with them somehow. Really appreciate you guys and the support! Going to seek some professional help too. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to deal with the kids including how to reach them... If not, how to deal.... <3 U guys!