Notices

This time, it's real

Old 08-06-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy This time, it's real

I picked up my first drink when I was 15. It was one of my mom's wine coolers, and immediately after chugging it began to stumble around "drunk" to seem cool to my 13-year-old brother. A few months later my friend brought rum in a water bottle to school and gave me a few sips, and I liked the risk of it, the need to stay furtive. We chewed a lot of gum that day to hide the alcohol on our breath.

When I was 18, I got my first real experience with alcohol, and boy did I love it. I was in college at the time, and when I drank, I felt like people liked me. I felt sexy and fun, and the depression that had hospitalized me the year before seemed to melt away for a little while. Pretty soon the drinks and house parties were all I cared about. I failed most of my classes and ended up dropping out of college a year and a half in.

I'm 23 now and have been blackout drunk hundreds of times. I've destroyed friendships, publicly humiliated myself, lost the trust of my family, and physically hurt my body because of alcohol, and still I drink. I've said over and over again that this time will be different, this time I'll stop before things get ugly, this drink will be my last, and every single time I wake up the next day full of regret and pain and wondering what happened last night.

I'm done with this. I'm done with this poison liquid that has only ever hurt me. And I need the help of all of you to truly be done, for good.

Last edited by Pasuta; 08-06-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-06-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you to do it now, you have your whole life in front of you, make sure its a happy one, you will get lots of support here well done stick with it, and keep posting here
Old 08-06-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Pasuta View Post
I need the help of all of you to truly be done, for good.
humility leads to willingness

willingness leads to action

action leads to sobriety/ recovery

i went to AA and followed direction

God bless

Old 08-06-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been sober for 20 days - this place has been amazing every step of the way! Use it! Best of luck to you.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Pasuta
You've made a great decision - hope to see you around some more

D
Old 08-07-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm glad you are here, and ready to stop. 23 is young, and you have so much time to do wonderful things. Do you HS e any thoughts on supports you will put in place?