Notices

sour candy and salt?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heavencanwait View Post
I have not really had a desire to eat any sweets over the years ( pretty much since my late 20's). I was quite shocked at my new found craving. I would never had picked up Hagen Daz before. Funny what sobriety does to you. I would rather have this craving over wine any day!
This is so me. I never had a sweet tooth in my life, except when I was a little kid at Halloween! I drank wine but ate super healthy and would NEVER buy chips or ice cream at the grocery store. I think it's definitely better than alcohol, but just as long as we don't eat a whole gallon of ice cream LOL. I really have to start working out. I ate doritos yesterday!
Old 08-04-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have never ever had a sweet tooth until I gave up the wine. Now crave ice-cream and chocolate - this seems quite common in early sobriety X
Old 08-04-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

YES- SALTED PEANUTS AND DARK CHOCOLATE. Some put it down to this chemical need and sugar..
I think to a certain extent for me it was a replacement ritual.
Drinking required planning. Getting rid all the evidence of the last binge (the day before), purchasing it. Setting up the drinking area...etc.
My drinking was an alone activity. So I replaced it with eating.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I always liked vinegar on fries and dill pickles (especially when pregnant!) but yes, I have been craving sour patch kids lately! Funny.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

Maybe your body needs electrolytes? My doctor suggested mixing gatorade and water at a 50-50 mix and to drink it through the day. Maybe your doctor has an idea?

As for cravings, I had major cravings for cereal and milk. I hadn't drunk much milk as it didn't go with my beers.....now, I love milk again, although I watch the types I drink now.

I had other cravings, too, I had to learn to eat well-balanced home cooked meals.