Notices

I'm so glad I found this board...

Old 10-22-2004, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm so glad I found this board...

I've been putting off dealing with this disease for years, and it's making me miserable. Just reading the few posts I've read so far has made me feel so much better.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-22-2004, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, I found this board yesterday, after coming into work terribly hungover. I was just so depressed, and realized I had to get help somehow...I'm so glad I found this site too!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Be good to one another!

Welcome to both of you. I am new to this place also. Looking forward to more shares. Heres to the good life!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome

welcome there dave there seems to be a lot of us alcoholics named dave.I jest thought i would say welcome and i hope you the best in your recovery progress.Its not easy sometime to stay sober but if you want it bad enough you can do it.I,VE BEEN SOBER FOR 19 DAYS AND IT GETS BETTER WITH EACH DAY THAT PASSES.If you can find a A.A group in your area go to a meeting its helped me alot.So good luck and keep in touch.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dave. I've been 4 weeks before, and when I think back about how great I felt then, I can't imagine what made me decide to take another drink.

I'll look into the AA thing. Thanks, again.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
one of many

Dave13 and Privet,

Welcome my friends. I too am greatful for finding this piece of sanity on the internet. As the old saying goes, United we stand and divided we fall. This is so true for the disease of addiction.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And, may I add... I can't, but WE can.

thanks.

jojo
Old 10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Wonderful to see all the newbies. You know every couple of months a new "group" show's up looking for help most stay and remain sober, sadly some go and we don't see them for a long time, until they're ready. Most of my "group" is still here sober, as many others, you form great friendships and recieve a great deal of support from each other when you arrive together. I wish you all well on your journey, have faith it can be done!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad I found the board too. I spend alot of time online on alot of sci-fi sites - cuz I'm a big freakin' nerd! I'm not exactly 'new' - celebrated 6 years in July. I've been working night shift and it keeps me from going to as many meetings as I should go to. I found it when I was freaking out one night - not enough meetings, not enough recovery period

The nice thing about this is it's a 24/7 meeting - anytime I need some kind of recovery. I'm glad I found it - I need this board. I can't believe it took me this long to check out recovery on the net.

Also, I was inspired by some of the stories here and started my own and I'm really getting into it - it's like a first step.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome Guilty Spark! I know what you mean, when I slack off on program, it shows! Congrats to you on 6 years! We look forward to seeing more of you.