Notices

In the 1st 60 days

Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In the 1st 60 days

Not counting detox, what were the biggest mental and physical changes you experienced? Good and bad.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quat

Everyone is little different , but for me I stopped peeing in heat registers, passing out shatfaced and walking around batcrap crazy until I could have that first beer of the day. Surprisingly all that didn't take too long to get 'used to'.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Running on Backup Power

I haven't quite made it to 60 days yet (about 50 here), but so far I've noticed a significant improvement in my physical health, social functioning, and general mood. Also, I don't have to dedicate a certain period of time every day to recovering from the effects of the previous night. All that wasted time can now go toward productive things.

Unfortunately, my mental functioning has yet to recover by much. I actually got a little worse in terms of cognitive function after quitting, and so far that hasn't returned at all.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm at over 70 days.

As Incognition said, I no longer have to waste hours of every day recovering and feeling sick until late in the afternoon.

I fall asleep naturally, sleep well, and wake up feeling refreshed and healthy and amazingly GOOD. Mornings are a revelation. The first couple weeks after quitting, sleep was hard, because I had been knocking myself unconscious with alcohol. I was up till 2 and 3 a.m. for a while. But it sorted out.

My blood pressure is back to normal.

Bathroom habits are back to completely normal and healthy.

I don't snore anymore.

I have lost a huge amount of bloat in my abdomen and face. I could barely see my toes before and looked pregnant. Now my stomach is almost flat. (I've lost weight too, but not a huge amount in pounds, yet.)

I'm eating healthier, because I'm not drunk-eating junk or soothing a hungover stomach with greasy fast food.

My eyes are bright and not bloodshot, and my skin is less dry and glowier. I feel younger.

My relationships with family members have improved dramatically.

I am able to make early morning appointments and drive late at night.

Just a few. Looking forward to more.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

pink cloud
weight loss
fellowship

Old 08-03-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today is my 60th day! I have experienced the joy of the morning and a cozy nighttime routine. I do not have to take ibuprofen every day. These are things that happened right away for me.

Mentally: I feel like I am in a process of getting to know who I really am. I am surprised, because I thought I knew, and now I feel like there was a lot I didn't know. Also, I take less anxiety meds than I did before.

Physically: Not sure much is happening physically - other than the obvious no hangovers. Oh, except I do now have a sweet tooth and appreciate food so much more than when I was drinking! It actually tastes better to me.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Increased self-esteem; greater sense of calmness; handle stress better; don't sweat when I eat; more energy; lost 21 pounds; bloat is gone; eyes are brighter; I can run more easily; I don't wake up at 3 a.m. every night with my heart pounding; and yeah, my poo looks normal again
Old 08-03-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love reading these responses, only day 3 here for me, but it looks like I will have lots of positives to look forward too!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Babescake,

That's easy. By far, my biggest challenge was trying to fill all of the newfound free time I had. I now had back all of the time that I was previously either drunk, passed out, or hung over. Boredom was always a big precursor to my drinking, and now I had even more time to be bored. I had to find activities to stay busy...in other words I had to start having a life. That can be a challenge if you've had life up on the shelf for a while. But it is worth it.