Notices

Just had my assessment

Old 08-04-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

None of us ended up where we are in a day Chilled - anything worth changing is gonna take some time and effort and patience....

Some days you'll make great strides and some day little itty bitty steps, but you'll get there.

I think you have to right stuff to do it

D
Old 08-04-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post

I can't escape the thoughts and the thoughts bring panic attacks so im constantly trying to fight off a panic attack.

Im utterly exhausted and feel like a dead man, I feel done with it all!
Chilledice , I relate to your dilemma . Books by Claire Weekes are a great help for me. When I go through a bad spell ( as right now ) I dig her books and audio talks out . She teaches us to not fight panic but to accept it ,let it do as it wishes so as to stop what she calls second fear building up . Her material is a bit old now but still very good .
I know how you feel and I,m with you and can tell you that things do improve ,don,t give up .
Old 08-04-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Chilledice , I relate to your dilemma . Books by Claire Weekes are a great help for me. When I go through a bad spell ( as right now ) I dig her books and audio talks out . She teaches us to not fight panic but to accept it ,let it do as it wishes so as to stop what she calls second fear building up . Her material is a bit old now but still very good .
I know how you feel and I,m with you and can tell you that things do improve ,don,t give up .
I do try and let it wash over me and just allow it to happen but because of a certain phobia I always have that feeling of fear so im afraid that the panic will just go on and on and on!
Old 08-04-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Through what I have learned about panic / anxiety disorder it is the fear of fear that keeps that horrible feeling of impending doom alive . I know only too well what you are describing although I don't know the phobia you have . For me I also go down the spiritual route ( no specific religion ) . I too am seeking advice in a new thread as I just retired in march and I'm struggling mentally . To end in a humorous note I went shopping for clothes yesterday and came home with 3 pairs of socks as I couldn't bear to be among the sheer volume of thing to buy ,then there's the trying on part , no siree.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Through what I have learned about panic / anxiety disorder it is the fear of fear that keeps that horrible feeling of impending doom alive . I know only too well what you are describing although I don't know the phobia you have . For me I also go down the spiritual route ( no specific religion ) . I too am seeking advice in a new thread as I just retired in march and I'm struggling mentally . To end in a humorous note I went shopping for clothes yesterday and came home with 3 pairs of socks as I couldn't bear to be among the sheer volume of thing to buy ,then there's the trying on part , no siree.

Haha it's the damn changing rooms that used to bother me!
Old 08-04-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
Boy, talk about the fellowship in recovery
at its best. Folks helping folks right here
on SR. Guiding, suggesting, caring, understanding,
communicating. Not leaving anyone of our
friends down, alone or by themselves.

Keep asking for what you need, where
to look or find the answers.

We're here for you friend.
Thank you so much