Notices

Beating the brain

Old 08-02-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beating the brain

Funny how your brain attempts to make you forget how a perfectly sharpened knife is thrown directly at your heart, your soul, your life every time you drink! Every Time! Me and the brain are gonna have to get some **** straight! I can longer be directed by his bad advice! Its a horrible idea to drink today, you sly bastard! I have got to put the brain in a corner, take all his medals, and listen rather to the voice within...the one that cares about me! Day 8!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The mind is very strange, and this disease is a cunning little sh*t isn't it, good luck
Old 08-02-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
The mind is very strange, and this disease is a cunning little sh*t isn't it, good luck
Cunning indeed! Tell the A.V to jump off a cliff, thats what I do!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes indeed
Old 08-02-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

had not found this until just now.. the Brain is something so many forget about.. note that .... ekekkek... when Eddie Lee was having the most in problems.. in March April and May of this year.. I kept pushing the computer buttons.. what was the question to ask What would be the correct question to ask.. Watched I Robot the Will Smith movie like 5 times in one weekend.. when he would push the button for the Doc to image up.. the Doc would say the Correct Question must be asked.... mmmmm
and then it hit me.. the Brain tells the body so much every breath you take..
and it hit me .. the lights in his brain are not going on and off correctly... yep..
Hubby has been on a med since the 2 nd week of May.. and know what he has his laughter back.. his Mom has noticed the change in his behavior and my Mom too... the Brain.... when you damage it ... it will take a long long time to have it repaired.. yep.. but it can be done slowly.. the hardest part of life for most of us.. remember you did not damage it in one shot. but over lots of long years of abuse to your Brain... your best friend in the complete body of life.. sorry all ardy
Old 08-02-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm doing cbt therapy at the moment and a big part of it is understanding that because of issues we have, that we're not always thinking in a logical way. So in a very real way, your brain is lying to you.

My brain is certainly lying to me when it tells me that if I drink the results won't be the same as the thousands of other times I drank.

I try to remember that, it's my av voice talking, it's a liar and it is trying to kill me.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all.. yep.. every so often I would look at my hubby and say .. don't ly to the Wife for she is a Good Mom.... he would keep trying...
my brain.. yep I am a mess.. sometimes it says have a drink you will sleep better and tomorrow will be different.. hey really ekekkekeke...
about 3 weeks ago I did have a drink. the lose of a good mate from school was just the last straw.. took 3 days to feel better. and I did not have that big of a drink.. 1/2 of a shot of Cap Morgan and 16 oz of Coke Cola and lime.. and it put me out like a light.. not a good thing at all... first time I have jumped off the bus in 19 years.. going to miss that big dummy so much. he was a great guitar player funny kiddo.. since the 1960's.... Steven you were to be 68 for the 50 reunion.. Solder I know you can hear me... sorry all ... ardy
Old 08-02-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 8 wrandi

I found that the elss I engaged with my brain/ AV/ addicted self...the easier it got.

You know and I know - everyone knows - that drinking brings grief for us...

the only thing that part of us wants is to drink - so don't even give it an audience

D
Old 08-02-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm in a mood for a fight......so I beat up my A.V
Old 08-02-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Running on Backup Power

Uggggh...I know the feeling quite well of the brain being a ********, inventing any possible excuse to drink:

"It's a special occasion"
"Only two and you're done"...(then it's three, then four, then the rest of the bottle)
"It was a hard day, you've earned it"
"It's a social event, that makes it okay"

And of course:

"If you want me to shut up, you know how to shut me up. Drink!"

At least his voice has died down quite a bit over weeks...it DOES get better eventually.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your stories!