SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   This is the worst disease (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/413718-worst-disease.html)

redpatsox 08-02-2017 09:38 AM

This is the worst disease

I was going to be 1 month sober tomorrow but I just went out and bought 2 18-packs. I'm plowing through these like nothing and will not stop until they're done or I pass out. I've been taking Campral and it has worked pretty well up until now. This is crazy just like this disease.

Mummyto2 08-02-2017 09:42 AM

Its awful, but there are other diseases that people cant ever recover from, we are lucky in comparison because there is always hope, I hope you can get back on the sober bus, wishing you all the best good luck

Anna 08-02-2017 09:49 AM

It's an awful disease, but there are far worse.

Get rid of the alcohol and don't buy anymore. You can work on your recovery plan and try to tweak it so you will not buy more alcohol in the future. What can you put in place to stop you when you get an urge to drink again?

BrandNewLife 08-02-2017 09:51 AM

What happened to make you want to drink? Great job on 30 days, you can get there again

redpatsox 08-02-2017 10:06 AM

Thank you for the responses

thomas11 08-02-2017 10:14 AM

Did something happen to make you want to drink? Hope you are able to overcome the urges, they are monsters. Wishing you the best.

ReadyAtLast 08-02-2017 10:23 AM

Maybe you don't REALLY want to drink as you are posting on here which is the best thing to do. Can you pour the rest out, get some water and rest and start again tomorrow. you got 30 days, you will get it again and more. stay strong and on SR.

hpdw 08-02-2017 10:28 AM

A disease nothing to do with alcohol killed my brother but he had no choice . I have a choice and I chose to drink . The so called disease of alcoholism starts after I chose to pick up a drink . If I don't drink I am fairly healthy so you could say I chose my disease . When I stop drinking my disease stops and stays stopped as long as I don't drink .

tealily 08-02-2017 10:39 AM

Redpat,

You don't want to be doing this, I can tell. You know it's nothing good.

Get rid of what you have left. Pour it out.

You deserve a better life. You can have it starting now. No waiting, wishing needed!

We are here for you.

tomsteve 08-02-2017 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by redpatsox (Post 6558643)
I was going to be 1 month sober tomorrow but I just went out and bought 2 18-packs. I'm plowing through these like nothing and will not stop until they're done or I pass out. I've been taking Campral and it has worked pretty well up until now. This is crazy just like this disease.

alcoholism is horrible. however, it can be arrested. but that doesnt seem to happen too often by just stopping drinking.
im not sure what youve been doing for action to address the alcoholism- i dont see much type of that in your past posts( and doesnt look like ya post here often), but maybe its time to change it up or add more action?

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
effort-a vigorous or determined attempt;the result of an attempt;strenuous physical or mental exertion.

Dee74 08-02-2017 04:27 PM

As nasty as alcoholism or addiction is it's something we can totally do something about

Hope to see you here tomorrow redpatsox :)

D