SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feeling irritable (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/413695-feeling-irritable.html)

bronzie 08-01-2017 08:00 PM

Feeling irritable

I had a long day at work, but it wasn't too bad. Just that I was basically sweating all day even with the air conditioning. I woke up in sweats at 4am and feeling very tired. But it got better as the day went on, and now I am home resting. I think I'm slowly getting stronger but I just don't understand why I'm having all these physical symptoms....swearing, headaches, irritable. I'm not shaky though, and the headaches have mostly gone away, hopefully for good. I know if I took a drink, it would stop the sweating almost instantly, but I just have to stick with it. I'm also a week sober today, and don't understand why my physical withdrawal doesn't start until like day 4 or 5? It's always been that way, for years. But I'm going to stick with it and drink lots of water. No alcohol no matter what.

MNVikes4life 08-01-2017 08:05 PM

I get the sweating symptoms too. I was generally not an every day drinker, but a heavy binge drinker and for a day or 2 after drinking I would sweat, especially when eating...I think this is a pretty common withdrawal symptom. I hope it gets better for you.

incognition 08-01-2017 08:06 PM

The physical symptoms seem to be variable depending on the person. I suffered from the sweating problem for about two weeks after quitting before it finally went away, and I felt horribly shaky, but those were about the only ones for me.

Just stick it out, and you'll feel so much better :)

Delilah1 08-01-2017 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by bronzie (Post 6558093)
I had a long day at work, but it wasn't too bad. Just that I was basically sweating all day even with the air conditioning. I woke up in sweats at 4am and feeling very tired. But it got better as the day went on, and now I am home resting. I think I'm slowly getting stronger but I just don't understand why I'm having all these physical symptoms....swearing, headaches, irritable. I'm not shaky though, and the headaches have mostly gone away, hopefully for good. I know if I took a drink, it would stop the sweating almost instantly, but I just have to stick with it. I'm also a week sober today, and don't understand why my physical withdrawal doesn't start until like day 4 or 5? It's always been that way, for years. But I'm going to stick with it and drink lots of water. No alcohol no matter what.

You should be done with the physical stuff soon Bronzie, and then you never have to feel that way again. You are doing great!

Dee74 08-01-2017 09:05 PM

Sometimes I think we underestimate the effect drinking has on our immune system...it may be simply that you're run down right now Bronzie.

D

heavencanwait 08-01-2017 09:09 PM

:Valdog:
Hope you feel better soon!

August252015 08-02-2017 03:31 AM

Took me a LONG time- months- to get better because of all I had done to my body. I still carefully protect my emotional sobriety and particularly my level of fatigue. 17+ months in, I am healthy yet careful.

We were harming our bodies- some of us almost to the point of death like me- and it takes what it takes to recover. The only way it is guaranteed NOT to improve is if we drink again.

Personally, I tried to listen to my body best I could and take care of myself as I went through all the symptoms of alcohol getting through and out of my body and all parts it had impacted.

I still sweat at night though ;)

2ndhandrose 08-02-2017 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by bronzie (Post 6558093)
No alcohol no matter what.

:You_Rock_ :c011: :scoregood

CreativeThinker 08-02-2017 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by August252015 (Post 6558366)
Took me a LONG time- months- to get better because of all I had done to my body. I still carefully protect my emotional sobriety and particularly my level of fatigue. 17+ months in, I am healthy yet careful.

I still sweat at night though ;)

At almost 6 months sober I too still sweat at night. I also have headaches occasionally. As August said, it will take our bodies some time to heal.

The way I look at it, I'd rather turn the AC up and take a few Motrin occasionally, than deal with the hell I was living when I was still drinking.

Hang in there Bronzie, once you have more time behind you, things will look brighter. Promise!

AnvilheadII 08-02-2017 11:47 AM

the more consecutive sober time you get, the less symptomatic you will be. you'll be amazed a year out what you feel like, what life seems like. get out of the lather, rinse, repeat cycle, which is so utterly draining and exhausting. your body WANTS to heal.....just give it a good chance.

Dee74 08-02-2017 04:28 PM

How are you feeling Bronzie?

D

bronzie 08-07-2017 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6558962)
How are you feeling Bronzie?

D

I am feeling okay, just really tired and dreading the long work week ahead. But I have not drank and I'm on Day 13 now....just had to count because I haven't been keeping up. :)

August252015 08-07-2017 01:55 AM

Good job on the days, Bronzie!

Make today a great sober one and keep posting!