Notices

Day 1

Old 07-31-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

So today I've have to make a change. I never had truly reached rock bottom until today. My secretive drinking binges have got to stop. My "bottle a night" needs to disappear. My husband is fed up...as he should be and the threat of losing him and my 2 year old daughter is very real. I'm so scared. But this is it...now or never. I'm hoping this place is somewhere where I can have friends who understand this hellish nightmare.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Doodles, I am just into day 5. I too have a fed up husband and a 19 month old boy. I know how you feel. I feel such an incredible amount of guilt for letting my family down. I am glad you found here, it's really got me through my cravings tonight. I am awake for a little while, feel free to keep talking.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, Doodles - we all understand. It's great to meet you, I'm glad you found us.

I'd been drinking 30 yrs. when I came to SR, totally broken & desperate. I'm glad you're seeing the light at a much younger age. This is a safe place to talk things over and to get some good suggestions as you begin your sober life. It's a relief to know we're never alone. Welcome.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 2 but have treatment starting next week. Keep trying!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doodles84 View Post
So today I've have to make a change. I never had truly reached rock bottom until today. My secretive drinking binges have got to stop. My "bottle a night" needs to disappear. My husband is fed up...as he should be and the threat of losing him and my 2 year old daughter is very real. I'm so scared. But this is it...now or never. I'm hoping this place is somewhere where I can have friends who understand this hellish nightmare.
Doodles,

Welcome. We are glad you are here. Posting here is a great first step. SR has helped me stop drinking. I too was a bottle a night secret wine drinker. I have been without wine for 2 months, and it has been a huge turnaround and blessing.

I've discovered it truly is possible to not just stop drinking but to CHOOSE a better life, for yourself, your husband and your daughter. You can turn things around. You have the power to stop.

My advice: If you have any wine in the house, get rid of it. Don't drink today. Don't buy any more.

Little by little, day by day you can reclaim your health and life.

We are here for you. This can be your turning point.

Here's my story if you want to read it:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rate-stop.html
Old 07-31-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Doodles! You will find so much support on here. Two good links are the monthly classes, you should join August of 2017, it's a good way to get the support of others who are also committing or recommitting to sobriety this month.

Another good link is the 24 hour thread, You can log in each day to commit to the next 24 hours sober, and you will find everyone checks in with each other when they are struggling, and celebrates life's great events.

Looking forward to seeing you on here!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

welcome Doodles and axeman

our choice is between 1 drink or all the associated misery

its the 1st drink that gets us drunk not the 10th or 20th

we cant get drunk without that 1st drink

Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Doodles

With a little effort and commitment change really is possible - you need never feel this way again

D
Old 08-01-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice Delilah1....where do I find these board? I couldn't find them in the forum list.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The 24 Hours Recovery Connections group is a thread, not a forum or a board, Doodles

its here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-277-a-7.html

post and commit to the next 24 hours sober/clean

D
Old 08-01-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hi and welcome, i have a husband and 3 kids, all school age. I know the feeling and the fear. I'm only on day 12, i don't have a huge sober stretch to boast of yet, but i can tell you. I have felt better and more proud of myself in these days than i have in a very very long time. In time i hope to have my husband trust i will not drink again, and for my children to never have to witness their mother drunk again, or beg to go to the park, and i cant move out of bed with a throbbing headache. I'm doing this, and you can as well. This site is amazingly helpful, you will find such support and great information here!
Old 08-01-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's big step!!

Good for you!!!
Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, Doodles! Cute name!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

WELCOME FRIEND IN NEED- AS ALL ARE HERE DOODLES.
You have an awareness of your issues. Use this to grow and change. Join other threads- in new-c's. Class of Aug '17? Make a plan. GO TO MEETINGS.
Get a counsellor. Journal.
Support and empathy to you.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome!

How is it going today?

You can do this.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Today is start of Day 3 and I'm feeling great. Have been staying busy by planning out my days and drinking tons and tons of water. No real major craving yet... at least any I couldn't manage by getting up and getting my mind off it. Ready to make today another 24 hour day!!

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Welcome!

How is it going today?

You can do this.