Notices

Family holiday nerves

Old 07-31-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family holiday nerves

Ok, so we're off tomo for 4 or 5 days camping, does anyone have any tips for staying sober/coping away from home?!

We'll b on a campsite so not too worried about actually drinking, im more anxious about the feeling of really wanting a drink!

I don't want it to ruin my trip. Normally as soon as the kids go to bed im glugging down the pinot.....so i know i need to occupy my mind!

I just hope i get internet access there as ill need to come here for support!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My first camping trip sober went better than I thought, I hyped it up so much before hand, I actually took a good book to read when kids were asleep and felt fab getting up in the mornings and being able to play with the kids instead of feeling crap from drink
Old 07-31-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
My first camping trip sober went better than I thought, I hyped it up so much before hand, I actually took a good book to read when kids were asleep and felt fab getting up in the mornings and being able to play with the kids instead of feeling crap from drink
Thanks, i guess anxiety is normal. Ive got 2 books to bring & yes, im very much looking forward to no hangovers!!!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Loulou,

I went away with my husband and kids at Easter and found that because I didn't have hangovers, I got up early each morning and did loads of activities throughout each day. By the time evenings came round, we'd play a few games of cards and I'd be dozing off before any of the kids fell asleep!

We're off next week for a few days at the seaside and I've already sorted out some indoor activities in case it rains. For me the trick is keeping busy during the day. The kids love me joining in activities with them and I've realised that I love it too. In the old days, I'd rush through day time fun to get to wine o'clock. I didn't realise that I was rushing through all the best moments of each day.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday
Old 07-31-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would suggest bringing books, too. A camping vacay is the perfect time for catching up on reading. Enjoy your holiday!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies, im actually feeling less anxious already!x
Old 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sachets of hot chocolate with marshmallows to have in the evening X