Notices

Hey soberfriends, I'm back

Old 07-30-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey soberfriends, I'm back

I got a bunch of lovely messages on my last post but thought I'd address them here to not go back and forth.

Thank you all very much for your concern, it is greatly appreciated. When I said I wasn't coming back for a week it was because I decided to spend a week on holiday with zero computer time as I think it contributed to my anxiety, that's all.

Well, I'm a little under two weeks now. However I never got to go on holiday as I fell pretty terribly ill, so ill in fact that looking at a computer screen made me feel like someone was drilling into my head hence why I've been away for so long.

My liver tests results came back as being not great, but will recover as long as I remain sober. Which is all I wanted to hear.

On the plus side of me being ill is I think it gave me an extra push to not drink, the idea of being that sick with a hangover wasn't one I wanted to experience.

How's sober life?

Good most of the time, bad some of the time, better than living drunk or hungover, much better than dying.

The hardest part for me isn't not drinking its dealing with my mental health problems, rather than just getting drunk enough to feel ok.

But I've started therapy and exercising and eating well, so I think things will gradually start to improve.

My girlfriend has told my she's happy I'm not drinking, that she worried about me for a long time.

Oh I accidentally had a ready made chilli with red wine in it, didn't realise until I noticed it on ingredients when throwing the package out the next day. I'm not gonna beat myself up for an honest mistake and just pay more attention in the future.

Looking forward to celebrating a month soon and looking forward to enjoying sober life without feeling sick.

I thought about doing something, like getting a charm bracelet and adding to it for each month I'm sober.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

D
Old 07-30-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice to hear that things are going well!!
Old 07-30-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The charm bracelet idea is awesome. I am going to do the same
Old 07-30-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by poppy79 View Post
the charm bracelet idea is awesome. I am going to do the same
=)