Notices

Biggest step?

Old 10-22-2004, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Biggest step?

Well it doesent get any easier does it. After 2 cra**py days drinking decided to get some help. Chose a "speciallist" councellor from the phone book, rang and got what i guess was a 4 year old on the phone saying that mummy was busy right now! So decided to ring the local Alc/ drug help team, number no longer obtainable. against all my instincts rang AA and am off to my first meeting tonight. Going to give me some probs at home as we have guests, and my daughter gets home from uni, but I cant do this on my own any more so Ill sort it out later, my wife will have to cover for me. If I was less synical I would say that somebody is pushing me in one direction by blocking off the dead ends.

Pete
Old 10-22-2004, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Or, you can think of it as a way out from the dead end you found yourself in the last two days Pete. Either way, you can't lose anything by spending an hour with other men and women who share a common trait with you.
Glad to see you today.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi Pete

Good move mate - I had serious doubts about AA before I went - now I actually understand what it is all about, it helps in a way I couldn't possibly imagine.

much love
JC
Old 10-22-2004, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is there a conspiracy today? Just noticed that my name has come up on the birthday list as I have not changed it since stumbling, I guess day 1 is my birthday.

Peter
Old 10-22-2004, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

*LOL*... bad day aye? I saw that up there this morning and thought what the heck. You'll be fine at the meeting go in with an open mind k? Give it half a chance. Gotta be a reason for the other roadblocks. We'll be there with you, let us know how it goes!