Notices

First time for Zubsolv 5.7 buprenorphine/1.4 naloxone)

Old 07-30-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First time for Zubsolv 5.7 buprenorphine/1.4 naloxone)

New medication. Took Suboxone (Zubsolv 5.7 buprenorphine/1.4 naloxone) for the first time at 6:30am today. Am under doctor's care to try to get off opiodes ( long term use, averaging 2-8 Hyrocordones 10mg/day for the past 6 years) Am not new to addictions/recovery concepts- have had issues with this since age 16 and am 62 years old now, with longest period of sobriety being 14 years) Do not need advice on recovery/ support/meetings and such right now but need to know if my reaction to this new medication falls in the 'normal' range? I expected and was told there might be some mild 'eurphoric/high' feelings with initial use but after taking the first dose (divided into 2 doses according to directions) , I have felt "higher than a kite" high for the past 3.5 hours. Obviously this dosing is going to be too high for me ( although it's intended use of taking away the withdrawal symptoms WORKED) I waited over 36 hours after my last dose of Hyrocordone to make sure it was out of my system and that I was clearly experiencing withdrawal symptoms before starting this. But my reaction is much much stronger than I anticipated. I feel very very high and europhoric and this feeling has not dissipated at all. How long will this last?? It's obviously a 'good' feeling but not what I really want/need as I try to get OFF opiodes!!
Old 07-30-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Dels.

I do not have an answer to your question. Have you spoken to your doctor about your reaction to the new medication? A call to him or to her may alleviate your concerns. A visit to the ER may also be wise just to be sure that your reaction is within the normal range or that the dosage is appropriate.

Very glad that you found SR.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for caring enough to respond. I'm actually a medical professional and would not categorize this as any sort of medical emergency and thus hate to call my doctor on a Sunday for reassurance but am reaching out in this site, begging actually,for personal experience from others to compare what they have felt. I KNOW everyone responds differently but hearing first hand would really help right now. Anyone out there? Please??
Old 07-30-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Dels, I have no experience of this myself but there is a dedicated suboxone etal thread on SR where I guess you are more likely to find people with the right experience.

Good luck to you.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dels

I have no experience with subs but medical professional or not, I reckon your dispensing Dr must be first point of call. They may adjust the dose for you .

Like Sao said we do have a dedicated subs forum here as well

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D