Notices

118 days sober.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

118 days sober.

118 days clean and sober today. And i feel great everything has improved. It wasn't easy coming this far but it was totally worth it. Days go by that i don't even think about alcohol. But then i have my days were i wish i could have a drink its so hot blah blah but then i remind myself i don't drink anymore and how foolish it would be to drink and i forget about it within minutes. I wanted to start going to the gym again and lift so i did but when i was drinking i always had an excuse and never enough time. I start work early so M,W,F i wake up at 3am get ready and hit the gym for a hour. Something i could of never done drinking and im seeing amazing results. My work has improved 100% and my attitude. Im changing my life around for the better . I had to let go of everyone or anything that would bring me down. So i had to cut a few people out of my life i thought it would of been hard but its worked out. I dont want no drama or negativity in my life. I listen and read a lot of motivational videos and books it really helps and can give you that mindset you need right now in hard times. I have such a better relationship with my son. I have alot of regrets though because when i was drinking i taught him stupid things and what ever and at 4 years old hes kind of a little jerk and its basically because of the way i was raising him . Now that im sober i see the mistakes that ive made and im trying to turn them around and its been very hard im always kicking myself in the butt for that every waking moment of that day. The hell i put my girlfriend too isnt to easy to swallow either .

For anyone who's still struggling and needs help do not be afraid to seek that help we all need it one way or another no matter how stubborn we can be . Just take it one day at a time thats all you can do even if it has to be one second at a time. Don't ever give up many times i started to get sober and i gave in big mistake so many day ones... It took me a long time to get where i am right now i wanted to get sober 6 years ago. Ive been a member of this site for 4 or 5 years now. Believe me the journey is so worth it i haven't been this happy in i dont know how long .
Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Brilliant well done
Old 07-29-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great update! Thank you so much for posting.

Your son is young and you still have time. You can now be the kind of father you were meant to be. His life, and yours, will be so much the better because of the choice and turnaround you've made.

So happy for you!

Continued best wishes and please keep us updated.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done, u sound very happy!! Congrats!!!👏👏👏
Old 07-29-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

118 days is awesome! Keep going you got this
What a great update
Old 07-29-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post. Congratulation on 118!
Old 07-29-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 07-29-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your progress! It really IS amazing how quickly our lives begin to change when we begin to recover.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well done on 118 days