Notices

Someone please help me....

Old 07-26-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

bronzie, I believe you can beat this. Keep posting and checking in.

We're here to lend support.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi bronzie. I had to scare myself a few times before I finally got it right. I knew in my heart that I had no business drinking a drop - that it was poison to me - but I was a slow learner. Sounds like you're ready to do it this time. We know you can.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Bronzie,

Glad you're back! I struggled to maintain sobriety for a whole too, I kept unsuccessfully attempting to moderate. I have just about 19 months sober, and I feel better physically and mentally. You can do this, I know you can.

Come check in with us on the 24 hour thread tomorrow.
❤️Delilah
Old 07-26-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You got this Bronzie!!
Old 07-27-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Bronzie?
Old 07-27-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is the closest I have felt to "beating" it, so honestly this relapse was very difficult for me

see that's the thing, Bronzie. there is no BEATING IT. we never become impervious. we will always have "the condition" - we will never return to normal drinkers, or even get a pass for having a bad time and "getting" to drink over it. we must accept our condition, and commit to never drinking again ever, under any circumstances. no matter what.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Doing better today

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
How are you doing today, Bronzie?
Thank you. I'm actually home from work due to laryngitis which I've had all week. But it's a nice break and I'm able to do some of my recovery work and spend some time home with both of my kids. I'm feeling much better and not at all interested in ever taking a drink again.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
This is the closest I have felt to "beating" it, so honestly this relapse was very difficult for me

see that's the thing, Bronzie. there is no BEATING IT. we never become impervious. we will always have "the condition" - we will never return to normal drinkers, or even get a pass for having a bad time and "getting" to drink over it. we must accept our condition, and commit to never drinking again ever, under any circumstances. no matter what.
I was just reading through some of the threads here, and came across the question of why some people can drink normally and some can't. Some interesting and helpful replies there, but all that really matters is....I am an alcohol, while some people are not. I read some about the root being genetics, or allergies, or a brain addiction. Doesn't matter why. All I need to remember is that I cannot drink ever for any reason. I accept that and I am committed to my lifelong recovery.