Notices

Played xbox with my little boy yesterday

Old 07-25-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Played xbox with my little boy yesterday

He was so pleased, and me well I was over the moon as I kept promising I would but drink always got in the way, he said I will teach you mummy as you are not very good at it haha bless
Old 07-25-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
He was so pleased, and me well I was over the moon as I kept promising I would but drink always got in the way, he said I will teach you mummy as you are not very good at it haha bless
Kids can tell when their parents are sober healthy and happy and they respond to it. So glad you are keeping promises and I'm sure he loved that time with you
Old 07-25-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They certainly can, my daughter is a bit more unforgiving (teenager) but the other night she said mum do you want to go for a bike ride, and tbh I didn't but I got off my backside and went cycling with her, and on the way back there was an empty bottle of wine laying on the street and she called is that yours sarcastically and I said NOT GUILTY, they see more than we know, and I enjoyed the bike ride in the end, and will be doing more of it with her
Old 07-25-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

It is wonderful how you are reconnecting to your children. It will be a great opportunity for them to be able to talk to you about their feelings because you will be giving them your full attention. Your bike rides will be a great time to let your daughter know your are there for her again and you are for real. Your children need to know you will be there as a sober mom.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, my daughter is a very private child and rarely opens up, she has always been like that, but my little boy well he will tell me anything and everything the little chatterbox, but I know by my daughters actions towards me if she is happy or not, and me staying sober will make her a lot happier and confident
Old 07-25-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Yes, my daughter is a very private child and rarely opens up, she has always been like that, but my little boy well he will tell me anything and everything the little chatterbox, but I know by my daughters actions towards me if she is happy or not, and me staying sober will make her a lot happier and confident
I have a 14 yr old daughter and I kmow exactly what you mean.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes Teenagers, funny little things
Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nmd

Those moments with our kids are great reminders why its worth it. Enjoy your sober time with them :-)