Notices

Hi All, 2 days In

Old 07-24-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi All, 2 days In

Hi everybody, first time here

I'm from London England and 32, I started drinking when I was about 16 or 17, and it started to become daily drinking from about 21 onwards, in all that time I've stopped for 5 weeks and felt great but ended that 5 weeks by getting very drunk quickly and doing something rather dangerous and stupid, thankfully nobody hurt..
My drinking has mainly been 5-8 cans a night after work of larger or cider and usually more on Saturday and Sunday...Never drank in the morning even though having delt with some outstandingly terrible 2 day long hangovers which I thought were going to kill me or never end...
However recently I decided to have a blood test to check out my lifestyle health etc, liver results came back slightly elevated along with cholesterol and high blood pressure.. So I have made a stern commitment to myself to stop permanently and start living properly instead of slowly killing myself... My last drink was Saturday night at 9pm, and I'm feeling quite good now, plently of water, herbal teas and good food so far, My question would be Am I totally out of the withdrawal stages as in seizures or dts? And what length of time for my liver to heal and blood pressure to return to normal...I don't smoke and am training aswell and with the excess calories from booze weight should be dropping too..Currently 17 stone and 6ft...
I'm also going to use this forum to document my journey.

Many Thanks Guys
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome to SR.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hello and Welcome to SR!

Congrats on decision to quit and get healthy.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

You made a great decision to quit and that is great you are already feeling fairly good. It will just get better as you continue on... You are young so you should heal really well. Our bodies are amazing!
Old 07-24-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Evening from Up North Tripsta, Pretty much mirror what I have been doing to myself for years too.

I went for my Over 40's check up at GP and results were fairly crap (expected), your GP will probably have a Nurse Service where you can make appointments to see a nurse and gets blood pressure and blood test done when you like, if not then speak to your GP and ask if it's possible to get them done every six month. The nurse up at my GP's seems to enjoy stabbing me with a needle to says she'll do tests every 3 months.

As a Londoner I think your hardest challenge will be avoiding temptation as I know its on every corner.

Good luck
Old 07-24-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tripsta

D
Old 07-25-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Guys

Hey there

Thankyou all for the kind welcome. 3 days in feeling good No withdrawal symptoms so should be good I think, looking forward to the future..

Cheers guys

Looking to the future
Old 07-25-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Tripsta - Welcome to SR - Day 3 for me too X
Old 07-25-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Tripsta, im from the UK too!!! Glad ur here, taking that step!!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Been struggling with staying off the drink too be honest... Xmas was as xmas is, and dry january with all good intentions did not materialise at all... The thing with me is regret at the moment i think.. See I eat well and quite clean, dink herbal tea and 2 litres of water a day, train, lift weights etc and am generally quite fit...the problem starts when i leave work, see I dont crave beer in the morning at all or through the day at all, i just give in and make weak excuses to myself and follow the same 10 year habit on the way home from work all the time and then drink 6-8 beers a night...Its now at the point with me that im annoyed and pissed at myself every morning that im doing the same stupid thing and repetative loop.... any ideas please guys Thankyou
Old 01-21-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Struggling with Habit

Hi guys

Been struggling with staying off the drink too be honest... Xmas was as xmas is, and dry january with all good intentions did not materialise at all... The thing with me is regret at the moment i think.. See I eat well and quite clean, dink herbal tea and 2 litres of water a day, train, lift weights etc and am generally quite fit...the problem starts when i leave work, see I dont crave beer in the morning at all or through the day at all, i just give in and make weak excuses to myself and follow the same 10 year habit on the way home from work all the time and then drink 6-8 beers a night...Its now at the point with me that im annoyed and pissed at myself every morning that im doing the same stupid thing and repetative loop.... any ideas please guys Thankyou