Notices

I screwed up. I feel horrible. You know the drill.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by herculana View Post
Does it help you to call your problem a DISEASE? Maybe if I get that idea through my head it might help me more?

Any words of love and encouragement (or whatever you think will work) will be DEEPLY appreciated.
Hey there --

Don't beat yourself up. Don't fill your head with self hate or negativity. Try and learn from your "slip" and find ways to cope when you are thinking about drinking.

As for the "Disease" .... For me... I have come to terms with my past as an "Addiction" ... I am/was addicted. My brain couldn't regulate my intake. Just kept telling me more.. more..

So I have come to realization. I cannot and will not drink. Not one drop. Nat ganna dew it.

I'm OK with this... I will be OK and live a higher quality life.

Hope this makes sense.... !
Old 07-23-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back Herculana

to be honest the one thing that really helped me was this community - when I thought my head would explode or I'd never make another day sober because of factors x y and z, this community talked me down, and I got through, sober.

After a while I found what I thought was unendurable was actually endurable, with support...

and that gave me the leeway to try and find other healthier ways of dealing with stress, anger, boredom. fear, or whatever.

there are some pretty good ideas for dealing with stress here, for example:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...44-stress.html

Don't lose heart. You listened to the wrong voice as many of us did - listen to the right ones now

D
Old 07-23-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Hi Dee <3

Thank you.

So many tears today. I broke my own heart into bits and pieces these past few days of drinking. Crushed my own heart, hopes and dreams... my confidence.

Thank you for welcoming me back with sweet understanding and support.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh Herc,

I've been thinking of you almost daily, wondering how you were doing. You were one of the first people who reached out to me here, and I've been so grateful for that! I think of you as a friend and partner and compatriot in this journey!

Please.. don't be so hard on yourself. That won't help anything. You've already done a great job identifying and figuring out what took you off track. Life will continue to throw you curveballs, anxiety and stress. You can learn from this, and be stronger.

I had a hellish week, this week.. Some major stress.. emotional breakdowns.. sobbing.. regrets.. anxiety.. very little sleep. The thought of drinking occurred to me too. It could just as easily have been me, and what would you tell me?

You'd be compassionate and caring and you'd understand, and just try to help me pick up and get back on track. That's what we are here for, for you.

Please stick around here and lean on us.

Hugs to you!
<3

tl
Old 07-23-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Herculana,

I'm so glad you are back. You can do this!!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

TeaLilly... I am so happy to hear from you, and ONCE AGAIN your words have made me cry like a baby!!! <3

THANK YOU DEAR HEART FOR BEING ON MY TEAM.

I am going to stick with you, and stay here this time. I let my connections here slip. I should not have done that. I payed dearly.

Big hugs, and gratitude for the warm welcome homes <3