Notices

Relapsed two days ago

Old 07-19-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed two days ago

The title pretty much says all you need to know. Bad things happened, I was sad, I drank too much, I threw up, I felt terrible the next day and it did not help with my problems.

So, yesterday I got more organised, came up with a much more thought through plan.

There's no excuses, I messed up. All I can do is hold my hands up and start again.

I decided there's little point me coming back here to relive the same place I was at before. I failed just before a week, so my next post will be once I've finished a week so I'm not just living in an alcoholic groundhog day.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope to hear back from you in a week. Take care!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Why wait a week to post ?
Check in on the July Newcomers Thread.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
Old 07-19-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"alcoholic groundhog day". I have been there! You sound determined to get back on track, and I have no doubt that you will. Thank you for this post, it's helped me. You can do this.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Andagain View Post
I decided there's little point me coming back here to relive the same place I was at before. I failed just before a week, so my next post will be once I've finished a week so I'm not just living in an alcoholic groundhog day.
You don't have to use SR to relive anything. But you can use SR to deal with the struggles you are having to get past one week. Support is useful...when you get it, and when you provide it to another newcomer. So I second MidnightRider's suggestion to join the newcomer's support thread as well as suggesting you post here before drinking.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Other people before you have suggested they come back after "x" amount of sober time. I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy. SR is here to help, so why not use it? I have 22 months under my belt and I am here every day. If I failed, the last thing I would do is leave this place. Hang in there man, don't be too tough on yourself. Don't drink.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post
Why wait a week to post ?
Check in on the July Newcomers Thread.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
I agree...why wait a week? Coming to SR daily will help to reinforce your commitment.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree too. Joining in the July thread or committing daily on the 24 hour thread may just make a difference. Support to you xxx
Old 07-19-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Support online does help me, but there were times I tried to use SR in place of real world action. Until I got honest with some well chosen IRL people, and changed IRL actions...I wasn't really honest or in action at all.

Andagain, I don't think you expanded on your new plan, but if it includes real boots on the ground action, then GOOD work!

When you do come back to SR, today or after the week, you will see how welcome you are here!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I concur with others on this, Andagain. I loved and agreed with your OP until the last line. SR is IMHO, not a place for sober people. It's a place for people trying to get and trying to maintain and learn to live, sober. To me, SR is like a medical rehab clinic. You don't say you'll stop in.....after you've been well for a week. You stop in especially when you are feeling sick. Your continued sobriety is dependent on having the most support you can. You may feel embarrassed, but you have not done anything that I would venture a guess, 99.9% of everyone on this board has done. I know I have. So don't stay away and if you do, and are having a hard time coping, login and ask for help!
Old 07-19-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

if you have a new and better plan you're not at the same place you were before

I cannot say this strongly enough

SR is not about day counts. It's about support when you need it.

Dunno about anyone else but I needed a lot of support in my first week.
Use us when you need us andagain

D
Old 07-19-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey, Andagain. Relapses happen. Get back up, get a good plan in place and keep trying and you will succeed. I agree that you should check in for support here and join the July class. SR was a big help when I was struggling, not just when everything is okay.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It sounds like you've learned something (that it didn't help) & are determined to do it this time. We know you can! Stay with us - we care about you Andagain.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Andagain,

I'm sorry that you drank, but I am glad you came right back and posted. I agree with the others about not waiting to post. SR is here as a tool, use it when you are struggling or celebrating. The July class, and 24 hour thread are two great places to log onto.

You can do this. Keep checking in with us.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I would never have made a week without SR......especially the first week. I needed to be reading and posting here. Obsorbing all the helpful input kept me focused and successful.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Post again now, then in an hour- tomorrow, tonight, do not wait a week. It is not a reality tv show . It is a place to share and get support. Especial when you are feeling crappy.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going andagain?

D
Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Andagain,

Checking in to see how you are doing. Hope you are sober and planning on checking in with us soon.

❤️Delilah