Notices

Failed miserably

Old 07-21-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Red face

Lots of great advice here and I really like this line from a poster above:

"With a plan, small steps- every day, with hard work and professional and daily support"

There really needs to be a high priority placed on getting sober and a whole lot of time devoted to it. It can't be a half-hearted thing you do on the side.
After more sober time, you won't need to be so intense about it but for now devote each day to staying sober.

And as another poster mentioned, don't entertain thoughts of drinking.
It's never good to fantasize about alcohol, which will inevitably make you tempted. This one can be really hard to follow. I think a lot of us were more addicted to the fantasy than the actual drinking.
Hope you keep coming back here. You'll learn a lot
Old 07-22-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 2 and I'm at work all day which is not great as I usually can't wait to go home and drink. Iv left my purse at home and there's no alcohol in my house. My son will be asleep by the time I'm home so no chance of drinking.

Saying that, in the past Iv borrowed money in the past from work colleagues pretending to need petrol on the way home when I'm getting desperate or stressed towards the end of the day so I'm going to really try to shut out any thoughts of drinking even if I'm stressed.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You only fail when you give up sometimes success means getting up again and again until the job is done, beating yourself up and saying you have failed is NOT in your best interest. Get back in the race