Notices

Hi, I'm new and old at the same time!

Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm new and old at the same time!

Hello! I've been reading your posts for over a year now hoping that your experience would give me the strength to quit drinking beer. I am a 48-year-old mom and I know I need to quit drinking for my child's sake, and I make a point of it every morning. Yet, every night I fail to keep up what I promise to myself. It is very humiliating. I hope I can make it as an active member of the group! That's why I am here....
Old 07-19-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome rosillo - I'm so glad you decided to post. It really helps to know we are no longer alone.

I thought drinking was helping me cope with stressful situations & making life more fun. In the end, it did neither - I was miserable and broken. I was also drinking every day, and had been for many years. I knew there'd be no happy ending if I didn't let go of it - I was doing stupid & dangerous things. SR helped me find the courage to change my life. I think you'll feel the same.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You've come to a great place for support and encouragement. I hope we can help you get sober for good.

I invite you to post daily in our 24 hour thread to recommit to sobriety every day.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-272-a.html
Old 07-19-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi rosilla,
I was just like you. I quit drinking ever morning. Gradually the help hangover, guilt and anxiety would give in to my craving and I would be back drinking that evening. It was usually accompanied by a promise that I would drink less tonight than usually. That almost always failed.

I had to make a plan, I had to want sobriety more than anything else. I had to live minute by minute In the beginning. Then day to day. It's really hard but you have to want it. Glad you found us.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcoem aboard rosillo!

D
Old 07-19-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Rosili! I hope you will find as much support and useful info here as I have. Keep posting, it really helps!

Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the posting side of SR! I stopped drinking at 45, and I have definitely been a more present mom, wife, and employee. This is a wonderful place for support. You should start posting in the 24 hour thread each day to commit to another 24 hours sober. Also, join the July class of 2017, you will be surrounded by others who have decided to stop drinking this month.

You can do this!!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi and welcome rosillo,
Old 07-19-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group, Rosillo. So glad you are here! This is a wonderful place.

I understand just where you are coming from. I am a mom too, just a little older, and also was on a treadmill of drinking, regret, shame and daily broken promises to myself, lurking here for several years first.

I am coming up on two months drinking free, and life is so much better already! (If you want to read my story, it's in the link below.)

Keep reading and posting. You can turn the corner. Introducing yourself was the first step!

Best wishes,

tealily

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rate-stop.html
Old 07-19-2017, 09:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Rosillo, always good to see someone from the Southern Hemisphere coming on board.

I hope that you shall soon be ready to tackle day 1 and to continue the journey from there, together with all of us. Having gone into posting mode is great start.