Notices

13 days

Old 07-19-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

13 days

I haven't had a drink in 13 days. The farthest I can ever remember making it prior to this was 3 days. I was drinking heavily daily for atleast 15 years. A few months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I came clean to my Dr. about my drinking problem. I really wasn't eating full meals so I deduced that the diabetes was a result of alcohol abuse or the lethargy that followed during mornings and afternoons. All I ever wanted was a nap and would sleep 6-7 hours longer than the wife and kids on the weekends.
That pattern was getting me nowhere fast. Two weeks ago I woke up with black, blue , and red feet. I concluded it could only have been caused by the unprocessed sugar of a beer binge. That morning something clicked in my brain. The powerful thought of "I am sick of poisoning myself." took hold and has been beating down my AV to shreds ever since. I don't plan on counting days for long because for me it only gets in the way of the thought that I am done drinking forever and have begun a new and better life. I saw my Dr. again and told him the story. He gave me some info on an out patient program and said I should call if I feel that I need to.
I am feeling more energetic, sleeping better each night, have more time with my family, and my feet are healing well. As soon as I feel physically able I plan to start going to the gym after dinner. Thanks for listening and best wishes to all.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hey NightSwimming50
So glad you are here ..
Sounds like you're on your way to a higher quality and sober life.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Nightswimming sweet on 13. I'll have 13 tomorrow. I can sooo relate to the poisoning. I did it for decades. Glad your feeling better!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back nightswimming - congrats on your sober time

D
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, going strong.