SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A bit of hope for those of you in your first 90 days. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/412830-bit-hope-those-you-your-first-90-days.html)

SimplyFree 07-16-2017 01:58 PM

A bit of hope for those of you in your first 90 days.

Today is the end of 3 months for me. Friday was my 90 day mark. No they aren't quite exactly the same, but being here makes me feel many things! Relief, I haven't arrived, rather this is the beginning of a new me. Just making 3 days at the beginning seemed impossible. Let alone a week and the thought of making a month would make tears well up in my eyes. I needed to make it for my kids, my health, my sanity. It took me a few attempts, and my depression and anxieties were raging at the beginning,

But here I am.

My body sweated, my bedding smelled bad, and I I couldn't sleep. When I did sleep I dreamed of dead people. I have no real friends and my family was "silent" towards my recovery efforts.

But here I am.

My AV screamed lies at me continuously. You can drink normal. You need to ease the pain. You should celebrate with a drink. You can have just one. You can moderate your consumption. Lies. All lies. I can't have one and I haven't had one.

So here I am.

I felt crazy with mood swings, sadness, zings of joy for no reason, angry a lot, lonely always, but sober one day at a time.

And here I am.......not perfect, but sober.

This is the real deal....
If you want the details of the pain and insanity of 90 days.....read my Day 1 thread....it's not pretty, but it is truth and proof that.....

SOBRIETY IS POSSIBLE.....for you!!!!

Thank you SR...Dee...Anna...PJ....SW..and all the others you will find on the Day 1 thread supporting me. You are why I am at 3 months.

I just wanted to be SimplyFree......

MidnightRider 07-16-2017 02:07 PM

Great post and congrats on 90+ days sober!

tealily 07-16-2017 02:09 PM

So awesome, Simply Free. Thank you for this beautiful post.

I'm so happy for you!

ThatWasTheOldMe 07-16-2017 02:10 PM

Congratulations, SimplyFree :)

nova84 07-16-2017 02:11 PM

Congratulations SimplyFree 💜

Endoftheday 07-16-2017 02:16 PM

Well done :You_Rock_

Time2Rise 07-16-2017 02:25 PM

Well done on 90 days Simply, and thank you for the inspirational post. Getting past those "this time I'll control my drinking" thoughts is a major accomplishment IMO.

Dee74 07-16-2017 05:12 PM

Congrats again SF - good post!:)

D

least 07-16-2017 06:37 PM

Congrats on three months sober!! :scoregood Keep going, cause it gets even better. :)

JimiC 07-16-2017 06:46 PM

Congrats! You're probably finding like me that it gets easier, but we can't get complacent. AV is super sneaky!

Jules714 07-16-2017 07:00 PM

Congratulations!!
J

plop 07-16-2017 08:24 PM

Congratulations!

CreativeThinker 07-16-2017 08:39 PM

:c011: Congrats SF!!!

LastingChange 07-16-2017 11:38 PM

Congratulations, SimplyFree! 90 Days is fantastic :-)

joandmelandhan 07-17-2017 01:34 AM

Simplyfree!!!!! We're sobriety twins!!!!!!!!
Wonderful post and I echo every single part. Great inspiration for people out there starting this journey.
I have a big dorky smile on my face for you congratulations!!!! :c011:

PhoenixJ 07-17-2017 03:54 AM

You are humbly, most welcome SF. Others can support but you do the hard work, for you. I think that time for me after so many years of drinking, the first 90, or 100 or whatever are ample motivation never to drink again...it surely was my own private hell. Good for you.

ClearPath64 07-17-2017 03:58 AM

Congrats SimplyFree! You are an inspiration for those of us starting down this road.

Scruffanie 07-17-2017 05:01 AM

Great post and great work on getting to 90 days!

PurpleKnight 07-17-2017 09:49 AM

Day 90 is fantastic SimplyFree!! Keep it going!! :You_Rock_

Rainman1 07-18-2017 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by SimplyFree (Post 6539974)
Today is the end of 3 months for me. Friday was my 90 day mark. No they aren't quite exactly the same, but being here makes me feel many things! Relief, I haven't arrived, rather this is the beginning of a new me. Just making 3 days at the beginning seemed impossible. Let alone a week and the thought of making a month would make tears well up in my eyes. I needed to make it for my kids, my health, my sanity. It took me a few attempts, and my depression and anxieties were raging at the beginning,

But here I am.

My body sweated, my bedding smelled bad, and I I couldn't sleep. When I did sleep I dreamed of dead people. I have no real friends and my family was "silent" towards my recovery efforts.

But here I am.

My AV screamed lies at me continuously. You can drink normal. You need to ease the pain. You should celebrate with a drink. You can have just one. You can moderate your consumption. Lies. All lies. I can't have one and I haven't had one.

So here I am.

I felt crazy with mood swings, sadness, zings of joy for no reason, angry a lot, lonely always, but sober one day at a time.

And here I am.......not perfect, but sober.

This is the real deal....
If you want the details of the pain and insanity of 90 days.....read my Day 1 thread....it's not pretty, but it is truth and proof that.....

SOBRIETY IS POSSIBLE.....for you!!!!

Thank you SR...Dee...Anna...PJ....SW..and all the others you will find on the Day 1 thread supporting me. You are why I am at 3 months.

I just wanted to be SimplyFree......

Thank you SimplyFree.