Notices

12 things happy people do

Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 things happy people do

This is a great article, something to think about for all of us.
https://rememberbooks.wordpress.com/...people-do-not/

Which items on the list do you have covered? Which ones do you need to work on?

I definitely need to work on #'s 6 and 10!
Old 07-16-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
This is a great article, something to think about for all of us.
https://rememberbooks.wordpress.com/...people-do-not/

Which items on the list do you have covered? Which ones do you need to work on?

I definitely need to work on #'s 6 and 10!
Great link - thanks 😀
Old 07-16-2017, 03:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 07-16-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good stuff, thank you!
Old 07-16-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love this- I think I saw it in the past few days and enjoyed reading it again. They are all so true! For me, all of them match up with one (or more) of the 12 steps (and 12 traditions). Having this list/my program as material for living- a "way of life"- has brought me so much peace as it guides my decision making, attitude, everything.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great advice. Being perfectly honest with myself, I could use some work on all of them. Maybe with the exception of #8. Entitlement has never really been an issue. Probably just the opposite. Mostly felt that I wasn't worthy of anything good that came my way. Thanks for this post. I'm going to copy that list and refer to it often!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

NICE !! Love the inspiration.
--------------------------------------------

12 Things I See Happy People Do (that unhappy people do not)

1. Focus on what you have and not on what you don’t Unhappy people are unthankful people. The practice of counting your blessings is a great start. Get out a legal pad and write down all the good things in your life. Often unhappiness sneaks in when we lose sight of all the good things in our life and become focused on one or two difficult things.

2, Question the sources of your expectations Most unhappy people want things they don’t have…and they want them bad. Are these expectations realistic? Who is selling them to you? I hope not the media. Having a miserable existence because you are not living into a pipe dream, is really tragic.

3. Be Generous Study after study has come to the same conclusion. Selfish people are miserable. Happy people give of their time and resources to a cause greater than themselves.

4. Remember happiness is not a destination The happiest people I know are those least conscious of their own happiness. Happiness is learning to enjoy the ride, not reaching your destination.

5. If you don’t like your life, change it Take control of your own life. Do want to learn to play the piano? Take lessons! Do you regret not getting a college degree? Get one. Do you want to improve your spiritual life? Start going to church. There is really no one holding you back but you.

6. Slow down You just can’t smell the roses at a full sprint! If you, like me, are a workaholic type, build time into your Outlook to do nothing. Get a hobby. Enjoy your friends and family. Happy people have learned how to occasionally chill.

7. Realize there are no shortcuts If you were honestly disappointed you didn’t win the billion dollar Power Ball, you are not getting it. Getting your education, working hard, putting in the hours, pursuing your dreams, saving and giving are always in style.

8. Stop feeling entitled No one owes you anything. Just assume you are not going to get any help, that you will receive no inheritance and that no one is going to give you a break. Now go make your life happen! If anything else comes (and it probably will), it is all bonus!

9. Think significance Significance is achieved by leaving the world better than you found it. People who feel their lives really matter are the happiest people of all!

10. Forgive Forgiving those who have hurt you, breaks their power over you. Forgiving yourself for your failures, frees you for future success. Ask God to forgive you. Ask those you have hurt to forgive you. Make restitution where you can. Move on.

11. A great attitude is a choice, not a disposition We can control our feelings or we can be controlled by them. Happy people CHOOSE to have great attitudes.

12. Speak life When you speak, choose words that uplift, encourage and bring positive energy into every situation. My mom was right, “If you don’t have something nice to say, you shouldn’t say anything at all.” People who speak life are like human air fresheners.

As you begin a new week, you have an opportunity to invest in your own happiness or to make yourself miserable. If you choose the former, you will make others happy as well. If you choose the latter…well, you know.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Personally, I need to work on #3 and 9
Old 07-16-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good article!

but he left out the important #13:

Recognize and embrace that "Happiness" and "Being a Happy Person" means not being happy sometimes, too. And being OK with that.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I need to work on 6 and 7
Old 07-16-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

#3 and 6 stand out for me as areas I need to improve.