Notices

Camping

Old 07-14-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Great work. Its good there is internet for you so you can post and get support when you need it.
Yes, it's more of a "glamping" experience. We're in my inlaws camper at a campground. Complete with a pub onsite, ugh. None of them are the get loaded type; they'll have a couple drinks and call it quits. So it's hard for me to be around them because AV is constantly trying to convince me that I can drink normally like them.

But, obviously, I wouldn't be here if that were the case and every attempt at moderation has failed miserably. Tis the sober life I want and need. It's just hard to create new traditions when the old ones are so entwined with alcohol. I'm going to do it though!!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope night 2 of glamping/camping is going well BrandNewLife x
Old 07-14-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrandNewLife View Post
But, obviously, I wouldn't be here if that were the case and every attempt at moderation has failed miserably. Tis the sober life I want and need. It's just hard to create new traditions when the old ones are so entwined with alcohol. I'm going to do it though!!
Yep, if we were normal drinkers, it wouldn't suck so bad not to drink.
So therein lies the rub.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm doing so good tonight! I was even offered a shot of maple whiskey while I went inside to get a soda, and I turned it down easily. Something about venting about my craving really helped.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nice! Vent away! Happy camping too ��
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It's worth it. I've been camping all my life and over the last couple of years it didn't seem as fun. Then last August I quit drinking and I was feeling the same as you do now camping last fall.

However, I can tell you this camping season has been better than it has been in years! It takes some time to work out the old habits and thoughts, but it is so worth it. Now I get to do so many more activities with more energy. I used to make all these plans of fishing, catching crawdads, hiking, getting a canoe and taking it out, etc., etc., etc. However, when drinking it took most of my energy just to make it out to the lake. Now, am not only making it, I'm making it more often and doing all the things I used to plan on doing, but not having the energy to do them.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm going out camping for almost two weeks! Booze is not only unnecessary it's counterproductive. Enjoy the hypnotic beauty of the first, the rustle of the trees and majesty of the canopy of stars. Out in the woods is the place I feel most connected to the planet, the rhythm of life and to myself. You just need to get used to yourself- your real, sober self.